Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just finished a new project! (dialup beware)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just finished a new project! (dialup beware)

An unexpected project at that... I got a new neck for my project Charvel Rhoads Ive been talking about, but once it got here, it was just too damn nice to chop up and do what I needed to with it. So, I did this instead.

This was my stock DR3... my first Jackson ever, very dear to my heart. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Now, it consists of:
    Duncan JB TB4
    Duncan Jazz SH4n
    CTS 1meg/ohm pots, 2 volume no tone
    JT580LP
    Gotoh Tuners
    100% rewired and shielded
    Super Slinky 9-42 (figured Id give them a try)
    Dinky Rev. maple/maple neck

Here are the new pics, enjoy! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Just finished her up, not off to bed to be up in 4 hours! [img]/images/graemlins/brow.gif[/img] If ya cant tell, I enjoy wiring. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Also, a Floyd Pro is in the VERY near future...
    Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Re: Just finished a new project! (dialup beware)

A small question, whats that behind your headstock? its very usefull for my floyd i think

Comment

Beautiful, I've always loved reverse headstock with maple boards..

Comment

Its an allen key holder.
        Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Very nice. Where/how did you pick up that sweet neck?

Comment

After having several fingerboards I have come to like maple the best.
            PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Comment

Got it on eBay... The guy didnt have any pictures of it posted, and he didnt take paypal... so it wasnt going anywhere. I emailed him, he sent me the pics, and I promptly hit the BIN. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Plays very well too... sustain for daaaaays, sounds great!

Comment

Very nice job Rob. I'm almost ready to put my Mod 3-A back together and the wiring is the part I'm dreading.

-Sol

Comment

Awsome I like it. I'm really starting to dig Trans Blue
                  I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

I dig that. How well does that neck line up with that pocket? I snagged a DX10 / Dinky Reverse mutt like that and there's a little overhang. I'm considering fixing it by adjusting the pocket.
                    Occupy JCF

Comment

The neck fit nice and snug, PERFECT... better than the factory neck that was on it! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Does that original neck have mop jackson logo on it or is it painted?

Comment

Painted. Whats strange is, all markings on the neck and body indicate this guitar was built in October 91 as they are both stamped "10/1"... I bought it new, but alot later than 91 considering I didnt start playing till 95 or 96, and didnt buy this till 97 or 98.

Comment

???

I'm not understanding how you get October of 91 from "10/1". My impression is that the number means October 1st of whatever model year that was, I'm guessing maybe 93 or later.
                            Occupy JCF

Comment

dialup beware. what kinda loser uses dialup anymore [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X