Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's your favorite string set for B tuning?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's your favorite string set for B tuning?

The title tells a lot but not all. I'm aiming towards those of you who tune to B with a 25.5" scale 6-string guitar. Mine is the Ernie Ball 2204 medium gauge .013-.056 set. What's yours?

Re: What\'s your favorite string set for B tuning?

i don't tune to B, but when i did i used ghs 12's
    Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

I think I used DR 11's or 12's. I kinda of like a loose feel, it's just gotta be set up right

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        The title tells a lot but not all. I'm aiming towards those of you who tune to B with a 25.5" scale 6-string guitar. Mine is the Ernie Ball 2204 medium gauge .013-.056 set. What's yours?

[/ QUOTE ]
        Well, I've got a Schecter 7-string that's 25.5" scale and, of course, the 7th string is the low B. I use pretty much the same 13- 56 gauge set as you, just with the high E being a 10... the Ernie Ball 10-56 7-string set. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] The 56 is the absolute minimum I'd use for B whether on a 6- or 7-string.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I use D-Addario 13-56s... same tension as 10s in standard E. Works fine for me.
          And yes, that's minimum for me. When I joined my first band I had 12s on a guitar and then had to tune down to B to get in line with the other guys 7-string. Way too flobby.
          http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

GHS 7M set. It's 10-60, just leave out the high E.

Comment

Right now I've got Everly xrockers 12-60, in Bb. I like the 13-65 in Bb on 24+3/4. Anything lower than a 60 and my right hand knocks it up out of tune.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                GHS 7M set. It's 10-60, just leave out the high E.

[/ QUOTE ]
                that's basically what I do (results in a 13-60 set), with webstrings

Comment

12s were too loose for me so I dropped to 13s. I use 11s to tune to drop C# now. Not a fan of drop tunings but the band I joined is!!!

James

Comment

custom guage DR set 14-70 for dropped B, for full 5 step down tuning 15-75 or a baritone [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Get a baritone. Guitars sound like shit tuned to B. [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Comment

I don not agree. It depends what music you're using it for and what gear you hook your guitar up to.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          Get a baritone. Guitars sound like shit tuned to B. [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
                          +1 , I´m not even too happy with dropped c being as mushy as it is on a standard scale... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

I don't tune to B with any of my guitars anymore, but when I did I used a D'Addario XL 9-42 set, then I ditched the 9 and used a spare 54 or 56 for the low B.

Comment

i use 13-58 for B tuning on my RR
                              sounds great on B, but if i try to get lower it sounds like ass
                              I dont think that B tuning cant sound good on a 25.5 scale guitar
                              as most seven stringed guitar are that scale
                              but of course baritones will always sound better [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X