mixing pickup brands.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: mixing pickup brands.

Replaced a neck pu on my SL2H a couple of days ago. SH-1 are fine and they add more overall versality to the axe (contributing a lot to the cleans in particulary), but I could not get proper tonal balance between neck and bridge.

I'm not a gain abuser, and prefer to rely more on picking quality than on extra distortion. And when I dial enough distortion for SH-4 to give me tight riffage, screaming harmomics and full-bodied leads, SH-1 still sounds too clean. I messed a bit with height adjustment, lowering SH-4 and raising SH-1 as much as it was still reasonable, but still I couldn't get both not oversaturaded/overcompressed bridge tone and "round" neck tone. So I tried SH-2. I've lost a bit of clean quality (but still Soloist sounds better clean than Rhoads or Kelly) but finally got a neck tone. But I won't sell SH-1 though, will keep it "just in case".
    Because I don't say it
    Doesn't mean I ain't thinking it

Comment

haha ^^ Yeah.. Hows the talk for my "ugly" guitar comin hah

Comment

didnt get a chance to speak to chris about doing it..
        Piney Hills New Site <------Clicky Clicky

CALL THE SHOP @ 318.232.3002

instock inventory

Comment

I carved it out in cheap wood.. just need to sand it, glue it together and paint it, and ill send u pictures and my opinions on it ^^ So far it looks sweet tho, in blocks hah

Comment

Working...
          X