Kind of new here.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kind of new here.....

I used to post here a few years ago. Sort of lost interest in guitars, and went to cars(It happens often with me) but it is nice to always go back to guitars.

I have a 1982 candy apple red, san dimas H-H Floyd with Okla Strats '86 maple/maple pointyhead neck on there and does it scream!

Not too long ago, I had received word about some of the older charvels being re-produced. By this alone, I went to my local dealer and tried one. Honestly, it felt like I was back in the 80's! Awesome playing, feel and sound. It took some time, but I pulled the trigger on one. Candy blue with maple/maple pointyhead and a black floyd. I'd had an electric blue H-H kahler before...so I decided to go with something similar.

It ought to be here before too long.

Just thought I'd surface once again. Forum is as cool as ever.

Jay(oh, the name is due to my latest hot rod, a 2004 torch red corvette z06)

Re: Kind of new here.....

Cool, welcome back. Candy blue kicks ass! Be sure to post some pics when it arrives. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Kind of new here.....

Thanks!

Is Pete still around? Okla Strat? I sold him my soloist(dumb move) that was reportedly owned by Steelhearts guitarist. That neck was WICKEDLY fast. LOL if he's still around, I might try to buy it back.

http://www.oneflightupguitars.com that is where I am buying my new charvel. Bob Pieper revived my red '82, did a fret job and installed the JB. He's a great guy as well....and a Charvel/Jackson fan.

Comment

Oklastrat is now known as the mighty Twisteramps! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

and I think he still has that Soloist
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Welcome back [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

welcome J, your on the vette forum correct? i am 1991camaro on there (gotta change that name)

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                welcome J, your on the vette forum correct? i am 1991camaro on there (gotta change that name)

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm there too [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] Welcome J!
                The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

: Kind of new here.....

Yep, I am on the corvetteforum.

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Re: : Kind of new here.....

vettes and charvel/jacksons..........i am going to need a 3rd job soon...lol

Comment

: Kind of new here.....

I might pull the trigger on another guitar as well. I'll need a second job hehe. Luckily my 'vette is off the road(too much crap from the winter season)

Comment

Re: : Kind of new here.....

Mine ain't. Middle of summer here...so it's a great time for cruising. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                        The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

Working...
                        X