Question about Bengal Paintjobs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Bengal Paintjobs

Hey guys.. If I was to do my own paintjob trying to replicate a Jackson Bengal paintjob.. is there like stencils for them anywhere? Or something.. I am just really horrible at drawing hah but I would love to do one of those project guys, buying a Carvin neckthru block, with a block of alder or something and make my own model, and have a Blue bengal paintjob.. Might take alot of work and help since im a beginner but I think it would be quite cool..

So any stencils or tips when doing Bengal paintjobs? I want it more of the curvy stripes, not like the Cinny Bengals who's just straight stripes

Re: Question about Bengal Paintjobs

Here's a Lynch-style template on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/GEORGE-LYNCH-ESP-STY...1QQcmdZViewItem

I've done a couple of Bengals and it's not that difficult. Go ahead and try drawing the graphic, you may surprise yourself! Good luck! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Are YOU a Jackson Warrior? Join us and be all that you can be!

Comment

ouch.. that is quite expensive heh.. I might try to get my dad or uncle to do one, my uncle paints professionally and my dad is quite good too.. but first I think I'll see if I can even build the guitar hah

Comment

That's why I suggested just drawing it out yourself! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Sounds like your uncle could handle it, hope it all works out for you. Be sure to post pics when you have it finished! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

yea heh well.. right now im working on my modded JSkelly heh should post pics this weekend if I get my truss rod cover.. and then I am gonna try to find a KE2 in canada.. after all that, might sell my Ibanez RG and buy some wood/a neck to make a new guitar, and with that, will come the Bengal paintjob ^^

Comment

Jacksonfan, a little off topic... but that neck isn't original for that warlock is it? and since you are familiar with that junk trem, is there anything that fits the same post spacing? I've got one laying around looking the same way...

Comment

Love the Blue/silver bengal! great color combo!

Comment

This may help. I am thinking of ordering one of his books. Anybody used his method before?

Paint it yourself

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  Jacksonfan, a little off topic... but that neck isn't original for that warlock is it? and since you are familiar with that junk trem, is there anything that fits the same post spacing? I've got one laying around looking the same way...

[/ QUOTE ]

The neck is the original, I just stripped the paint from the back. Unfortunately, I have found no other trem that will work with the post spacing on those either.

Stinkbug, I remember Newc getting that book from ebay. PM him for more info.

Thanks for the compliments on the Bengal! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

If ya could get some info on that book, would be sweet hah.. I'm painting a headstock for my kelly this weekend, so I'll see how that goes, should just be a straight black finish though so shouldn't be too hard.. but if I feel comfortable with the painting of guitars after this, maybe I will just make a template myself, and try to paint the bengal myself haha.. Im making a mock guitar out of some shitty wood I have laying around, not going to route the cavities or anything, but am going to paint it, and hang it in my room heh most likely do a Bengal on that..

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      I am gonna try to find a KE2 in canada

[/ QUOTE ]

Where in Canada are you located and how much are you looking to spend on a KE2?
                      Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

My ex-singer had a Yellow Warlock with that head and trem. I thought it stayed in tune rather well. Surprisingly well, as a matter of fact. I was doing DEEEEEEEEEP growling dives with it and it came up in tune.
                        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Im in New Brunswick, and I should have $2000 by new years.. but im hoping not to spend that much on it unless its like.. amazing paintjob/everything hah.. Hoping to find one for around $1000

Comment

Working...
                          X