Any model lineup change in 06?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Any model lineup change in 06?

Maple and Black Sharkies, I am so in for that!! 1 Hum, mahogany body and maple bolt on neck, tapered heel and Original non-recessed Floyd, volume knob only. The Charvel Standard is like this, but make the maple and black sharkies as a standard option, but with a mahogany body. Jack.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      in these days of affordable set neck guitars from every brand else, jackson has to do something interesting. it's not likely to make very cheap neck thru guitars probably because the guitar has to be handled as a whole piece in the shop quite early in the process.
      they need to expand the line of their bolt-on models with all the bells and whistles. it shouldn't be hard since jackson's part of fender for leo's sake
      they need maple board, swamp ash body, mahogany maple top body (like iby RGA), locking trem, wilkinson trem...

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a good idea but before Jackson expands the bolt-on line I would like if they worked out a new neck heel. Out of all my guitars I have 1 that's a bolt-on, it's a Jackson and it's my least favorite sadly because of the blocky heel. I learned to play on a neck thru and tend to prefer the feel of neck thru and set neck guitars. Now if they could expand their line of set neck guitars like Schecter did or develop a nw neck heel for the bolt on it would be great.
      I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

the sculped neck heel has been discussed for years. all guitar brands that do NOT offer that feature are being lobbied by their fans to add it. Fender, Carvin, etc.
        there were heated discuss in carvin board about that and nothing happened. the point is if they don't have it today, don't hold your breath fender only started offer it on their deluxe line since last year.
        bottom line is, it's a huge deal for the factory. they have to change/add tools.
        my fav is EB musicman's joint. super strong.

Comment

Jackson does a sculpted heel, its a custom option true, but there is no upcharge for it. So why not do it on imports. At the very least set neck japanese charvels like in the old days (ie the popular 750xl). I don't think those quality japanese charvels cheapened the name at all, those were fantastic guitars. They were maybe more Jackson then charvel, but still great guitars.

Comment

At the very least, Jackson could switch from the plate to recessed bushings, a la Ibanez (better yet, copy the whole doggone Ibanez AANJ) [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

Or, they could switch to the Fender method of lopping one corner off the standard block heel and off the plate. That works surprisingly well. It shouldn't be too hard, now that Jackson is part of the Fender family. Just nudge the Fender builder over at the heel carving machine and zip that Dinky body in for a quick heel carve. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

maple fretboard with black sharkies = damn ugly

Comment

I think your in the minority on that one there buddy [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Can't say I am a fan of it myself but I don't hate it and alot of people absolutely love it. It would sell very well I am sure.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  maple fretboard with black sharkies = damn ugly

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to think the same thing. I beg to differ now.

http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

I think Jackson need to raise the quality of their lower end instruments: The higher end imports (SL3, KV3, RR5 etc) are fine, but some of the cheaper Jackson guitars just do not stand up well against the competition. While I hate to say it, some of those cheaper LTD ESPs are pretty good.....

Also, if they are doing a Jim Root sig USA Charvel as has been rumoured, will there be an import version? (I'd have thought that would be the area of the market that alot of Slipknot fans are looking at)
                    Popular is not the same as good
                    Rare is not the same as valuable
                    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      Uhh, not to bust balls, but they didnt "kick" out Mustaine, he left.. but that metallica comment was pretty damn funny.

The Sweetone line is still there but by special order only, like the SLATQ...
                      they are gonna be custom shop wait times, but not quite as expensive.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, if we're counting Custom Shop models, we may as well add the Machine Gun, VVV, XTRR, and John Holmes Signature Wangcaster [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

SweeTones don't count in this issue because they're no longer part of the USA Select line.

Would love to see import Jazz'Rs, though [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]
                      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

In terms of value for the money, Jackson's imports have lost a LOT of ground to Schecter and ESP--just go into GC and compare what you can get for $500-600 from Schecter vs. Jackson. As far as what they should do to expand/improve their product line, it's hard for me to say, since I'm not in the business. Obviously I have things I'd like to see/buy, but they probably don't represent the mainstream. FMIC seems to have done a decent job with reintroducing the Charvel line and connecting it to its heritage, and I think they need to do that with Jackson. Not just introducing 'vintage' models, but reconnecting with what made Jackson special back in its heyday--which definitely does NOT mean imitating what Schecter is doing now with the setnecks, etc.

Comment

Aint that the troof.. NEWC an import Jazz'R or an import solidbody Jazz'R

with a Floyd.. and ebony board, and, and and

can you say Jackson Star [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                          Piney Hills New Site <------Clicky Clicky

CALL THE SHOP @ 318.232.3002

instock inventory

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            Would love to see import Jazz'Rs, though [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ] I think this would go over like a lead balloon. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                            Scott
                            Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ] I think this would go over like a lead balloon. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know about that. Schecter has that line of C-1 semihollows, and an import SweeTone might do pretty well against that--but again, Jackson needs to differentiate itself, in my opinion, not try to follow trends.

Comment

I just think Jackson needs to get some up and comers OTHER than the ones they have now.. They need at least 1 Dave Mustaine... Hell, ESP has All of Slayer, Metallica, and Megadeth, plus Lynch, Woods, and Cavalera from sepeltura.

They have 3 of the big 4 metal bands and Jackson used to have two of em.. (Megadeth and Anthrax)

They need to go more (i hate this) Mainstream and get the guitarist like Mike Mishook (sp) and Dan Donagon and the whole Schecter and Washburn crowd. Lord knows they make a better instrument. The only wildly popular band they have a guitarist in is System of a Down... and they dont push the guitar like mustaine used to.. Dave prolly sold more guitars for Jackson than anyone.. Hell, the DV8 outsells the Hetfield, Hammett, and Haneman models combined
                                I would love to see him return, but that aint gonna happen. So we need the EVH models, and the Root models, and then they need to flood the market.. They need to get KWS or something and grab that non metal market. Fender will never allow this, but I think it would really boost sales
                                Piney Hills New Site <------Clicky Clicky

CALL THE SHOP @ 318.232.3002

instock inventory

Comment

Working...
                                X