Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Any model lineup change in 06?

[ QUOTE ]
    Now - what we need is a couple of you guys, our diehard Jackson brethren, to get famous & fly your colors! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Working on it [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
    I have no eyes, fuck-mook!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      Newc! Thanks for noticing! We've got some solid players on the roster. Lamb of God & Trivium are bands with loads of promise & incredibly talented guitarists. For s&g's, in the past year, I've dealt with these Jackson artists that you may have heard of:
      Mark Morton - Lamb Of God
      Corey Beaulieu - Trivium
      Karl Sanders - Nile
      Christian Olde Wolbers - Fear Factory
      Kevin Bond - Superjoint Ritual
      Chris Beattie - Hatebreed
      Scott Hull - Pig Destroyer
      Phil Demmel - Machine Head
      Serj Tankian - System Of A Down
      Chris Caffery - Trans Siberian Orchestra
      Jim Root - Slipknot

[/ QUOTE ]

Lots of cool names... but I saw Nile (amazing, btw) twice this year, and both Karl and Dallas were playing Deans for the entire show(s). These are two really, really good guitarists, and I know Karl has a few Jacksons, but they are only seen with Deans!
      I have no eyes, fuck-mook!

Comment

Another problem I've seen is people taking el cheapo/freebie guitars on the road because they don't want ot damage their Jacksons [img]/images/graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

That's a poor excuse IMO - go find you an off-the-shelf Jackson model that you can live with and tour with, then when you hit the big payoff order some Custom Shop models.

Better yet, learn about Ebay - there's an endless supply of high-quality, tour-ready Jacksons on there [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

You can bet if by some miracle I "made it", I'd be up there with Jacksons every night and day, and yeah I'd buy them [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Stage costumes and a Ferrari can wait - gear comes first [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

If you need a stage costume just do what they did in the 80's... Take it from your girlfriends wardrobe.
          http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

Nop doubt! He's an incredible player! I'd love to see him playing Jackson and I'm sure at some point he's bound to check our stuff out... if you know him, let me know.

[ QUOTE ]
            Jeff Loomis. Mark my words that guy is the future of metal guitar.

[/ QUOTE ]
            \oo/. .\oo/ @ www.jacksonguitars.com

Comment

Well, Mark Morton does an article every month in Guitar World. I'm sure you've heard of him. If not, you should add Guitar World to your Christmas list. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] These are the guys that are playing Jackson on tour these days. I guess that scene isn't your bag - what do you listen to?

Comment

Don't forget to call me when you make it dude!

Comment

Jon tried to get an endorsement with Jackson pre-Fender, but he couldn't afford the guitar he wanted, so sadly, he had to go elsewhere. This was about a month before I started. Like Maxwell Smart said "missed it by that much!"

[ QUOTE ]
                  I agree about the endorsement.
                  it was shame jackson didn't recruit shadows fall. One ends up with washburn and the other is playing iby, I think.

[/ QUOTE ]

Comment

Karl's #1 Jackson is in the shop right now getting a tune up. He'll have it on the next run!

[ QUOTE ]

Lots of cool names... but I saw Nile (amazing, btw) twice this year, and both Karl and Dallas were playing Deans for the entire show(s). These are two really, really good guitarists, and I know Karl has a few Jacksons, but they are only seen with Deans!

[/ QUOTE ]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      Nop doubt! He's an incredible player! I'd love to see him playing Jackson and I'm sure at some point he's bound to check our stuff out... if you know him, let me know.

[ QUOTE ]
                      Jeff Loomis. Mark my words that guy is the future of metal guitar.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
                      don't the guys from Division play with Nevermore occasionally? Get Mike & Matt's 7-strings into his hands and let the magic happen [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                      Hail yesterday

Comment

from what I understand (ask BillZ, I think he knows Jeff) loomis used to play Jackson years ago, but sold them during hard times
                        Piney Hills New Site <------Clicky Clicky

CALL THE SHOP @ 318.232.3002

instock inventory

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          don't the guys from Division play with Nevermore occasionally? Get Mike &amp; Matt's 7-strings into his hands and let the magic happen [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
                          As far as I know, Matt is no longer in Division....
                          Popular is not the same as good
                          Rare is not the same as valuable
                          Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            Karl's #1 Jackson is in the shop right now getting a tune up. He'll have it on the next run!

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Just got back from seeing Gary Hoey. Honestly, he's only a logo away from being a Charvel endorsee. I think he'd be a great fit. You think FMIC would give one up for the team?
                            Occupy JCF

Comment

Concerning MIJ Jacksons, I'd say that hardware, electronics and pups could be better. Because similary priced ESP or Ibanez axes have better features. Virtually Jap ESP's have either original EMG's or original Duncans rather than HZ or DD pups. The would have at least Schaller trem (sometimes OFR) and Ibanez Edge trems are also better quality than JT580 trem... so on so far. The wood choice, fretwork and overall quality are fine, but having "cheapo" features on a guitar of this price range...
                              Because I don't say it
                              Doesn't mean I ain't thinking it

Comment

Jackson puts more of the budget for each guitar into the important parts - wood, construction, fretwork, etc - compared to Ibanez and ESP and such.

Cheap pickups and such are easy to replace with your preferred brand/model, but you're pretty much stuck with bad wood and poor construction quality from the other guys, even though you've got a nice set of pickups.
                                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                                X