Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Any model lineup change in 06?

Interesting thread...

I don't know if I can say the dealer but I was checking out a site today that had three models that appeared new. Two soloists with colors that were not listed in the 05 price list and an apparently new SLS. None appeared to be custom shop. So is the SLS back as a select?

I agree with the above comments that to compete with ESP's LTD line up Jackson has to improve the hardware and stay in the same price range.

Jackson guy I think you have to improve your distribution. Recently I bought two new guitars in the same price range as a USA select. I wanted a Jackson but it was too much of a pain to get one in the color I wanted. In my city there are four Jackson dealers but I would be lucky on any particular day to find 1 soloist (or any model other than RR) in stock amongst the four let alone have any color options and the wait I was quoted was 6-12 months to order. The dealers seemed to have trouble getting information from the distributor. I may still try getting a Jackson in the future but more than anything availability influenced my buying decision this time.

Endorsers? Hard to pick a winner.

Comment

Seems like ESP is the future of metal or rock guitars, since they actually make an effort to sell guitars, while Jackson try his best NOT too sell them.

No wonder Alexi and Roope are on ESP campus now. They maybe aren't the moust famous musicians, but their music abilities made Jackson look a lot better

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        Seems like ESP is the future of metal or rock guitars, since they actually make an effort to sell guitars, while Jackson try his best NOT too sell them.

No wonder Alexi and Roope are on ESP campus now. They maybe aren't the moust famous musicians, but their music abilities made Jackson look a lot better

[/ QUOTE ]

That's pretty ignorant... You don't know what you're talking about. Right after Alexi's Jacksons were stolen, their manager signed a deal with ESP... nobody knew about it for a few months, then all of a sudden they had ESPs... Jackson didn't really even have time to do anything about it, especially since the buyout was around this time frame... Jackson was too busy dealing with internal stuff, and the manager of COB got the ESP deal before anyone could do anything.

Alexi played Jackson and had to pay for his. ESP came in and told them they'd get paid and would get their free guitars fast... IF your guitars got stolen, and a similar situation occurred, what would you have done? Signed a contract with ESP, or send a few thousand to Jackson for replacements that would arrive in weeks/months/years...?

The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          Newc! Thanks for noticing! We've got some solid players on the roster. Lamb of God & Trivium are bands with loads of promise & incredibly talented guitarists. For s&g's, in the past year, I've dealt with these Jackson artists that you may have heard of:
          Mark Morton - Lamb Of God
          Corey Beaulieu - Trivium
          Karl Sanders - Nile
          Christian Olde Wolbers - Fear Factory
          Kevin Bond - Superjoint Ritual
          Chris Beattie - Hatebreed
          Scott Hull - Pig Destroyer
          Phil Demmel - Machine Head
          Serj Tankian - System Of A Down
          Chris Caffery - Trans Siberian Orchestra
          Jim Root - Slipknot

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe I'm an old fart, but back in the 80's, the guys using C/J guitars were 'player's players', like Vai, Rhoads, Jeff Beck, Lynch, Holdsworth, Dimartini, Lee, Campbell, etc, etc...

With a couple exceptions, nowdays you have a bunch of guys that I couldn't tell you who they were to save my life.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's pretty ignorant... You don't know what you're talking about. Right after Alexi's Jacksons were stolen, their manager signed a deal with ESP... nobody knew about it for a few months, then all of a sudden they had ESPs... Jackson didn't really even have time to do anything about it, especially since the buyout was around this time frame... Jackson was too busy dealing with internal stuff, and the manager of COB got the ESP deal before anyone could do anything.

Alexi played Jackson and had to pay for his. ESP came in and told them they'd get paid and would get their free guitars fast... IF your guitars got stolen, and a similar situation occurred, what would you have done? Signed a contract with ESP, or send a few thousand to Jackson for replacements that would arrive in weeks/months/years...?

[/ QUOTE ]

You are totaly wrong here. Alexis two Jackson got stolen, and then he contacted Jackson asking for new guitar, but he needed them in like 4 months, since his tour starts in 4 months. Jackson said "no, you have to wait for one year". ESp said "we could make them in 3-4 months", so it is pretty obvious why he took esp offer.

So Jakckson now have bass player who think he can play guitar ( COW) and some other nu-metal guys. They used to have Mustain, Friedman, Alexi, Roope, Hanneman, Steve Vai, etc etc

Comment

That's the story I heard about Alexi as well, which seems to have been a major screw-up on Jackson's behalf... [img]/images/graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

As for the current Jackson line-up, I have no problems with the guys on the roster, and some of them sure can play, but a few additional 'players players' would be really cool....
              Popular is not the same as good
              Rare is not the same as valuable
              Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

if he needed a replacement THAT badly and wanted a jackson he could have gotten a RR1 till the new ones were done.
                You can't play no muthfuggin' arpeggios on a tuba...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  if he needed a replacement THAT badly and wanted a jackson he could have gotten a RR1 till the new ones were done.

[/ QUOTE ]

So you think he'd be fine with 22 frets, when he needed 24? [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Comment

why not? like i said, if he realy wanted a jackson he'd get a RR1. but i can understand him being pissed about the whole deal
                    You can't play no muthfuggin' arpeggios on a tuba...

Comment

Look, I don't blame Alexi in the slightest, and I don't think Jackson can be blamed, either - it's not like he's going to sell them enough guitars to justify giving him the sort of deal ESP did. (In fact, I gotta wonder if he's going to sell ESP enough guitars to make that worthwhile from their side, either.)
                      Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        Look, I don't blame Alexi in the slightest, and I don't think Jackson can be blamed, either - it's not like he's going to sell them enough guitars to justify giving him the sort of deal ESP did. (In fact, I gotta wonder if he's going to sell ESP enough guitars to make that worthwhile from their side, either.)

[/ QUOTE ]

Alexis signature ( i dont really know if are his signatures guitar) is sold only in japan. On the other side, they make deal with Kevin Bond, SJR isn't even a band. fear factory album sells are very low and for sure guitar playing in that band isn't really motivating to buy his signature.

Alexi would pay for his Jacksons, he didn't want them for free, but even that was something Jackson could not do.

All good metal guitar player are on the esp capus now, looks like esp actually want's to sell guitars.

Comment

Getting Kahler back on Jacksons would be excellent. I played a San Dimas Soloist with a Kahler not too long ago and it was easily one of the best guitars i've played and the Kahler was really easy to use. Come to think of it i think i like the Kahler more than the OFR.
                          93 USA Soloist EDS
                          USA HT6 Juggernaut
                          Charvel DK24FR

Comment

This is the last time I'm explaining the Alexi deal (this has to be at least the 5th time). Yes, his guitars were stolen. Yes, he tried to contact Jackson to get replacements - through the only open channel they knew of: their distributor. He did so during a time in which we were CHANGING distributors. This was within the first month or so. The "rumor" that his manager heard, from the pre-existing distributor, was that they would no longer be able to get Jackson guitars in that part of the world. He heard wrong. By the time he heard from me, he already had the guitars he needed for his tour. So, a disgruntled distributor gave them inaccurate information and not having the time/desire to research the info, they did what anybody else would do: they got some guitars for the tour. He needed custom Jackson guitars. Had he been able to go to a shop and buy what he needed, who knows what he'd be playing today. There's the story. Once in a while, a few of you should give us the benefit of the doubt: we're not idiots. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Well,.... LOL!
                            \oo/. .\oo/ @ www.jacksonguitars.com

Comment

PS: My personal opinion of Alexi is that he's an incredibly cool and gifted guitarist.
                              \oo/. .\oo/ @ www.jacksonguitars.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                                Had he been able to go to a shop and buy what he needed, who knows what he'd be playing today. There's the story.

[/ QUOTE ]
                                I don't think that would make any diference, since Roope could borow him some custom Jackson (and actually he did). I guess money from esp was too sweet or he didn't want to deal with company that is unable to bring two guitars in 4 months.

Comment

Working...
                                X