Any model lineup change in 06?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Any model lineup change in 06?

Whatever happened between Jackson and Alexi, the truth is that Jackson/FMIC artist department seems to be unaware of European metal scene and has no direct contact with it.
    Because I don't say it
    Doesn't mean I ain't thinking it

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      Alexis signature ( i dont really know if are his signatures guitar) is sold only in japan. On the other side, they make deal with Kevin Bond, SJR isn't even a band. fear factory album sells are very low and for sure guitar playing in that band isn't really motivating to buy his signature.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh, go look up the soundscans. FF still sells more than COB, I'd wager, and I won't even get into the "he's not a great guitar player, why would he sell more guitars" thing again. With Alexi, it was timing more than anything - but from Jackson's point of view, he wasn't any sort of major loss. They might well have worked with Alexi on something, but he had time constraints...
      Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        This is the last time I'm explaining the Alexi deal (this has to be at least the 5th time). Yes, his guitars were stolen. Yes, he tried to contact Jackson to get replacements - through the only open channel they knew of: their distributor. He did so during a time in which we were CHANGING distributors. This was within the first month or so. The "rumor" that his manager heard, from the pre-existing distributor, was that they would no longer be able to get Jackson guitars in that part of the world. He heard wrong. By the time he heard from me, he already had the guitars he needed for his tour. So, a disgruntled distributor gave them inaccurate information and not having the time/desire to research the info, they did what anybody else would do: they got some guitars for the tour. He needed custom Jackson guitars. Had he been able to go to a shop and buy what he needed, who knows what he'd be playing today. There's the story. Once in a while, a few of you should give us the benefit of the doubt: we're not idiots. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Well,.... LOL!

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I was trying to say - you explained it much better than I did, though. So if you want to rail against someone for Alexi not being w/Jackson, go punch the distributor. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
        Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          Whatever happened between Jackson and Alexi, the truth is that Jackson/FMIC artist department seems to be unaware of European metal scene and has no direct contact with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here I unfortunately must agree... lots of great bands over here, and many of them are also not the smallest names... VHT has a semi-decent list of euro-endorsees, ESPee and Ibeenhad have a whole boatload, but I sadly can´t think of a single "official" J/C player off the top of my head [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

The Jackson/Alexi story need to be in its own pinned topic. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] It is always resurrected the minute a new Laiho fan joins the JCF. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Endorsees are important to a point. I just think that different models will go in and out of vogue as the years go on. There will always be a new guitar style that comes out and is heavily copied. But that will eventually become passe'.

Jackson has stood the test of time. Just like Gibson, Fender, Ibanez, Dean, etc. they will become more popular as their users become popular. But I know that many, many endorsements are wasted money. If the guitar itself doesn't become popular, it doesn't matter who is playing it.

Jacksons will become very popular again with or without endorsements. Does anyone remember when Ibanez seemed to rule the guitar world?

Examples of horrible endorsements:

Yngwie endorsed Aria Pro II
              I saw an ad with a bunch of guys endorsing Cort guitars
              Neil Schon's hideous Schon Guitar

Some successful but somewhat questionable endorsements:

Van Halen Ernie Ball
              Van Halen Peavey
              Vai Carvin

Truly successful endorsements:

Van Halen Kramer
              Van Halen Charvel
              Vai Ibanez
              Mustaine Jackson
              Eric Johnson Fender

The reasons those work... they are true to the desire of the player. The player isn't just playing something because someone is willing to pay megabucks.

I think people gravitate to these types of endorsements because they seem more honest.

Here are some visual representations of insincere endorsements:

Comment

Thanks for the Yngwie ads. I remember 2 of the 3, never seeing that Aria Pro one with Alcatrazz... Must have been just before I started playing.

Comment

thats funny as shit...Yngwie, the walking sellout [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

The Schon guitar that was so ugly it was cool though, and didnt Jackson make it for him?
                  Piney Hills New Site <------Clicky Clicky

CALL THE SHOP @ 318.232.3002

instock inventory

Comment

That's the same Yngwie that said "I don't have influences, and I've never listened to Blackmore." LOL! Being a 13 year old guitarist when he came along SUCKED! Eruption was one thing, but Black Star - yikes!
                    \oo/. .\oo/ @ www.jacksonguitars.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

Van Halen Ernie Ball
                      Van Halen Peavey
                      Vai Carvin

[/ QUOTE ]

In what way were Eddies involvements with Ernie Ball and Peavey questionable? I´m guessing Vai and Carvin might seem questionable since they can´t seem to shake the rumour about him not playing stock Legacies, but what about Ed? I´m not trying to be a jerk or pick a fight here, I´m just trying to figure out what questionable might mean. Or am I just missing the point completely? Heaven knows it wouldn´t be the first time [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I think the EVH models fro EB and P were legitamate, only cuz they made them EXACTLY the way he wanted them
                        BUT lets get back to the point... McD... are we gonna see some neat new goodies at NAMM or will it just be cool customs... any new models coming out.. you dont HAVE to tell anything other than yes or no.. I will see them first hand, but are there? huh huh, nudge nudge... Is Jackson a "go er"
                        Piney Hills New Site <------Clicky Clicky

CALL THE SHOP @ 318.232.3002

instock inventory

Comment

Starting a group chant... "Ma-ple boards, Ma-ple boards.... black shark-ies, black shark-ies..." [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I'd love to see maple boards... don't really care whether they've got black dots or sharkies, though. And there's been talk that they (Jackson) didn't like doing them because they get dirty easily because they're unfinished... well, how much effort does it take to put a thin matte satin finish on them like Carvin does??
                            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

Vai Carvin

[/ QUOTE ]
                              I´m guessing Vai and Carvin might seem questionable since they can´t seem to shake the rumour about him not playing stock Legacies

[/ QUOTE ]
                              Why Vai? He'd been using Carvin amps long before his endorsement deal with them. And I believe his Legacies are stock, he just uses a Boss pedal to push them a little at times. Why else would he have them make an amp to the specs he requested?
                              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I don't think the average player that uses a Maple board cares if it gets "dirty". To me that's a well played instrument. Heck even Keith Richards doesn't mind. hehehe

Comment

Working...
                                X