Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where do I go for Jackson/Charvels in NY?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where do I go for Jackson/Charvels in NY?

I´m going to NY/NJ 6-10 march and would highly appreciate if you kind people could help me out?
    I´m looking for used Jacksons/Charvels, not necessary US made, for me and my colleague.
    I´m also looking for used parts like FR, EMG´s and other "hardware".
    I´d be glad if you could provide me with info where to go.
    Pawn shops which have a good inventory is also welcome.

If you´re not already have plans to go there, make sure to visit New Jersey Metal Meltdown where we play on friday night around 7.

Regards JT

Re: Where do I go for Jackson/Charvels in NY?

Where in New York, NYC?
    It's not a competition, it's a community

Comment

I live in NY and I'm also looking to try some USA's. I'll have the money for my baby (RR1) in 2 weeks and I can't find a dealer that carries em. I work on that block in Manhatten with all the stores and none of them carry Jacksons. But hey, I'll go outta my way to see Matt [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] , lol

Comment

matt will hook you up big time, and I dont think he lets anyone down.

Check his ebay FB, onlinestagegear.com is his ebay name, he is a great guy, and highly recomended by like everyone on the board.

Comment

well i know for new stuff, in syracuse check out OSG (online stage gear) they hook you up good.

Comment

yeah , matt is a really cool guy. you shoudl try to see him. I might go to nj metal meltdown.

Comment

I am in the middle of the state. Syracuse NY.

Matt

Comment

Thanks for the tip!
                We´ll be in NYC so I guess that Syracuse is out of the question for us.
                I remember that we visited a lot of stores on Manhattan when we where there in -92. I bought a trashed Charvel Fusion bass that worked fine for almost nothing.
                Are there only stores with new stuff left?
                Damn! I was looking forward to shop around for 80:ies Jackson/Charvels.
                This one store had so many cheap an beat-up guitars and I really wanted to go there again.

JT

Comment

Doesn't Yogadork live in NY? He'd probably be the guy to ask. [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
                  The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

hey i live on Long Island about 30-40 minutes from the city. if u want EMail me at [email protected]
                    i can probably help you find some Charvel / Jacksons & other stuff you may want. there are a few places here that carry new charvel / Jacksons & I know of a few used Jacksons around here in local shops, who knows if they will still be there by the time you get in but it may be worth a try.

IrfaanSE801 NONE of the 48th St music stores carry Jacksons anymore...thats sad. NONE of them have any used ones either?

Comment

Guitar Asylum out on Long Island, ~50 miles from NYC...take LIE, "fastest" way, rather, easiest way to get there.
                      www.guitarasylum.com

Comment

IrfaanSE801 NONE of the 48th St music stores carry Jacksons anymore...thats sad. NONE of them have any used ones either?

Nope, no used Jacksons either. I work for Manny's Music, and since they deal in Fender so heavily, I'm trying to persuade the manager to buy at least one Jackson USA model and one Japanese model and see how well it sells. I can almost guarantee the Japanese one will sell, and we have guys that actually come in buy stuff every now and then, so the USA might not be sitting there for too long.

It's kinda rediculous, there's 6 Washburn Dime guitars that have been sitting there for years and I don't think they have ever been sold one. Taking one two and putting up Jacksons won't kill em. But I don't hold any kind of position where I can make real suggestions, so it's gonna take a little time. But I'm working on it [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Checked out 48th Street a couple of months ago. What a pale representation of what it once was. No good used stuff any more and no good deals. The guitars are priced through the roof. I used to love going there and buying guitars back in the early 80's. Wont waste my time anymore. Just my opinion.
                          Scott
                          Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

that sux i havent been there in years. picked up some cool stuff there on the past, paid top dollar but thats what you expect from those places. musiczoo in queens do they have jacksons i know they have nice waynes.

Comment

Working...
                            X