Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Racing finish ala Nascar/Jeff Gordon, I need pics!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Racing finish ala Nascar/Jeff Gordon, I need pics!

I'm painting a Jeff Gordon themed guitar for a Christmas present. It's a parts Strat w/pickguard, so there are certain limitations there. I need ideas and I'm stumped!!! Please post pics if you have any racing themed finishes or ideas... Help the 'Mickey D Custom Shop' out! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
    LOL!!
    \oo/. .\oo/ @ www.jacksonguitars.com

Re: Racing finish ala Nascar/Jeff Gordon, I need pics!

PS: I've seen the Silvertone guitar.

Comment

Jeff Gordon? Arrghhh... [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img]

Actually his current colors might work well adapted to the old Charvel HRF scheme.

As a disclamer, although I am not a JG fan, he is a nice guy. A buddy of mine has a nephew who has a terminal disease and Jeff made a special effort to meet him because it was his dream. Class Act.

Comment

I'm not a Jeff Gordon fan as a racer either, but it's not my guitar... LOL! Yeah, most of the NASCAR guys tend to be good people. There's not many self-centered T.O.'s on the racing circuit.

Flames = good idea!

Comment

Here is something to start with:

http://www.jayski.com/schemes/2005/24cup.htm

Comment

I could piss him off and go with the '04 Dupont rainbow! LOL! Flames it is!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              I'm not a Jeff Gordon fan as a racer either, but it's not my guitar... LOL! Yeah, most of the NASCAR guys tend to be good people. There's not many self-centered T.O.'s on the racing circuit.

Flames = good idea!

[/ QUOTE ]

I get garage passes from a NASCAR affiliated buddy and the only driver I have run into that is a gigantic dick is Sterling Marlin.

To get back on subject, what are you looking to do with the guitar? Do you want to replicate the side of the car or do you just want the JG DuPont scheme?

Comment

Id say start off with the blue flame then onto the orange base color seperated by yellow pinstripe. If this is a regular strat head, Id do the headstock in that orange starting with the blue flame again from the nut, then put the number "24" on the "ball" end of the headstock.

Lemme see if I can throw a quick Photoshop together for ya.
                Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

HRF in Gordon's Dupont colors would look pretty cool! Not a fan, but that's a cool thing you're doing. Here's a link to a Tony Stewart themed ESP that may give additional ideas. The Checkered flag bordering the sides is a nice touch. Good luck with it and be sure to post pics when finished! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

http://cgi.ebay.com/ESP-M-2-Custom-Guita...1QQcmdZViewItem
                  Are YOU a Jackson Warrior? Join us and be all that you can be!

Comment

I think I'm going to paint the hood scheme on the body, but I'm going to do the Dupont logo on the back and a 24 on the front somewhere.

Garage passes? Must be nice! I don't have that kind of cash or those kind of hook ups.

Comment

Damn, that's a killer looking axe!!! I'm no where near that talent level, but I've got to find a way to incorporate the checkered flag...

Comment

If you could start the front of the body with the provisional sponser logos and then go to the number that would be killer!

http://www.jayski.com/schemes/2005/c...ance-front.jpg

Comment

Something like this maybe? Just did a shitty quick job, just something to give you an idea. You said strat so I assumed a classic strat... if you want it done without a pick guard, lemme know.
                          Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

i'd do it more like the HRF scheme. the red up at the horns coming down to the blue in the body. and a big yellow 24 overtop of it all. like the top of the car instead of the hood.

a friend of mine has pit passes cause her mom works for carquest. she better take me this year!
                            Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

You, my friend, RULE!!!! That's how I'm going to do it!! Thanks man!

[ QUOTE ]

Something like this maybe? Just did a shitty quick job, just something to give you an idea. You said strat so I assumed a classic strat... if you want it done without a pick guard, lemme know.

[/ QUOTE ]

Comment

Working...
                              X