Original Charvel Prices?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Original Charvel Prices?

Seeing as how San Dimas Charvels have become valuable and sought-after collectors' pieces,how much would a fairly basic single pickup strathead have cost at the time, in comparison,maybe,to a Strat or Les Paul?

Re: Original Charvel Prices?

It would have cost you about $800.00. I know because I bought two of them over a period of 3 years. The first was a Candy apple red 1 hum with an awsome one piece maple neck, 21 fret serial# 0561 had a nice ding where some idiot had dropped it. The guy at Guitar center called Joann at the shop and arranged for me to take too them to be touched up.This is when the shop was still in Glendora ca. It turned into a personal tour by Grover and Joann Jackson. The second one I got was a two hum cobalt blue stat head. Both Guitars had the brass tremelos. Since I was still learning to play and they both did not stay in tune worth a damn, I traded the red one for a new Les Paul Custom. I do regret doing the deal but it definitly helped my playing.

Comment

Re: Original Charvel Prices?

At the time, about 83 - 85, Charvels cost a hell of alot more than Gibsons and Fenders. At that time, everyone and his grandmother wanted a custom guitar. I was a 13 year old with a 78 Les Paul, and a 62 Les Paul SG, as well as a 75 Strat. All bought super cheap because no one wanted them..............All bought with paper route money, thats how cheap Gibsons and Fender were going for back then........

Comment

Working...
      X