Who else prefers Floyds??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who else prefers Floyds??

I have realized that I prefer my Floyed guitars over my RR5 (the only one w/o one). I hardly ever play it now. I don't mind the hassel of changing strings (guess I'm used to it) and just prefer them in general. Oh, and they are all recessed...
    anyone else?? [img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img]

Re: Who else prefers Floyds??

I do not mind a guitar with a floyd. And it does not matter if it recessed or not.But my main player is a hardtail.I have three AT Pros and the two STs sound and play better in IMO.There just seems to be something missing tonewise with OFR one.
    Mike
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    SLS TG // SLATQH TSB // 2 CS Soloists both 24.75 scale // 5 Archtop PROs //

Comment

for a long time, i really disliked floyds, my first guitar i hated for the floyd.

but since owning a bunch of of stop/tune-o-ed guitars, i'm really liking what i can do on a Floyd on my Eclipse.

yeah for OFRs! now, i should find a tremsetter somewhere...

Comment

Big Floyd fan here. A guitar without one feels like its missing something to me.

Comment

My first real guitar was a floyded one. Anything else just feels funky to me.

Comment

Whoa! Are you saying they make actual guitars w/out Floyds on them?

I think I'm gonna be sick!

Comment

Since I've learned to use FR creative and tasteful way(thanks to my teacher)it became an itegrated part of my style. I own a hardtail (RR1T) and enjoy it, but it is a "secondary" guitar for me.
              Because I don't say it
              Doesn't mean I ain't thinking it

Comment

Most of my guitars have floyds, and while I'm comfortable swapping to Kahlers / vintage / tunamatics, Floyd's are home for me!
                Popular is not the same as good
                Rare is not the same as valuable
                Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

played floyd equipped guitars for the majority of my time plying guitar. somehow I'm growing a taste for the tune-o-matic lately...

Comment

I'll remain a devoted string-thru player until someone puts non-recessed floyds on production models. Then I MIGHT consider getting one. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

The height of the bridge over the body and the neck angle on string-thru guitars just feels much better for me, and so far I've never felt the urge to use a tremolo (even when trying out guitars with a trem). I'm sure I would start using it if I had one, but first of all I must feel comfortable with the guitar.
                    http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

I prefer having a Floyd, even though I rarely use them. There's nothing really special about them beyond "tricks" (dive bombs, warbles, pullups, harmonics, yadda yadda). All the "cool" stuff you can do with your fingers, like vibrato and bends and such.

However, I still do not like tunamagics as much as a Floyd.

To me, a Floyd is like 24 frets - I may never use it, but it's there if I want to.

Not to mention the tuning stability - absolutely no maintenence required on the nut or saddles like oiling and such, worrying about replacing them when they wear down or get burrs on them, etc.

And to be honest, just about every tuna'd Jackson I've had wouldn't intonate as good as a Floyd. JCF01, PCS084, and the Roswells did, but those are Rhoadses, so I'd expect them to be better than the Custom Shop Archtop Soloist or Custom Shop King V, or even the lowly imports I've had.
                      They got close, but Floyds get closer.
                      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

i prefer string through BY FAR. atm i have 3 floyded guitars, and one TOM bridge. i blocked all 3 floyds, because i never use the damn thing, and it's a pain in the ass when doing double stop bends etc. also, quick tuning is a bitch to do on a floyd loaded guitar.
                        on top of that, a TOM bridge has a lot more sustain than a floyd, as far as i can tell.

Comment

I really like Floyd Rose bridges.

I remember someone at this board saying: '' A guitar with a bridge other then a floyd rose, is like a man with a small penis '' [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I've not noticed any sustain issues between either bridge [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Then again, a poor setup is a poor setup.

I've also not experienced any tuning issues, because I stretch the strings properly before locking it down.

The bending thing is easy to overcome.

And is the "small penis" thing a good or bad thing? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
                            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I haven't owned a tunamatic in about 15 years...Floyds are it for me...Sure,my Rhoads is Kahlered,but as I said before if you are going to have a neck thru,how much advantage does that provide if you are routing out about 1/3 of the mass through the body...
                              Bon Jovi is like a frozen Coca Cola.. It's cool, it's crunchy, but when all is said and done it is still pop....

Comment

Working...
                              X