My family (pics)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My family (pics)

I just got a digital camera, and here are some pics of my collection at the moment. I'm expecting a 750xl to arrive today, so I'll add a pic of that when it comes. Sorry for the bad picture quality. The camera is great, but I suck at photography and I live in a cave-like apartment with poor natural lighting. Plus, I'm sick today and didn't want to drag all the guitars outdoors for a photo shoot in the cold.

Group shot

Jackson DK27 w/added Duncan Distortion in bridge

Jackson Concert V 5-string bass

Late '80s ESP "The Mirage Custom" w/added OFR and Gibson 500T bridge pickup

Fernandes Revolver Pro 7 seven-string w/Sustainer

Ibanez RG7621

Note: yes I know, the truss-rod covers are all off. Here in Washington DC (especially in a crappy apartment like mine) you have to adjust the truss rods fairly often, so it's easier just to set the covers aside.

Re: My family (pics)

Looks pretty sweet. The ESP and Feline are my favourites. I wish they carried on with the 7 string sustainer
    93 USA Soloist EDS
    USA HT6 Juggernaut
    Charvel DK24FR

Comment

Yeah, it's too bad that Fernandes stopped making them. The Revolver's not a bad guitar, actually, though mine needs some fretwork, since the previous owner put a lot of wear on them.

Comment

<font color="aqua">Is the Jackson Concert V 5-string bass, a neckthrough? I like it a LOT! Very nice stuff there - oh, and I hope you feel better - [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
        </font>
        Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Thanks for the pics! How about a polishing cloth........ [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
          "When a naked man is chasing a woman through an ally with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross"............ Dirty Harry

Comment

Very cool!! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Those 7 string Ibanez's play amazing [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] And just like budman I liked that bass too but from what I can see in the family picture I can tell that it's a bolt-on
              Check my bands!
              www.myspace.com/magicktr
              www.myspace.com/sinif64
              www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                Those 7 string Ibanez's play amazing [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] And just like budman I liked that bass too but from what I can see in the family picture I can tell that it's a bolt-on

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="aqua">yep, I belive you are correct sir - [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] </font>
                Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Nice group, where did you pick up that DK27, anywhere local?
                    http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

I need that Concert V bass, let me know if you want to sell. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Cool collection! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          Thanks for the pics! How about a polishing cloth........ [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] No doubt, man! It's amazing how the camera picks up every smudge that you don't normally see in person. I confess to not being anal retentive about polishing, though I take pretty good care of my guitars, otherwise.

As for the DK27, I recently bought it used at a local GC. It had been hanging on the wall there for a long time. I use it differently than most, in that I string it with .009-.042 strings and tune it down (or up, in the case of a baritone guitar) to C# F# B E G# C#. The longer neck allows you to get away with that tuning using .009 gauge strings, but they are still plenty floppy, which is the way I and my carpal tunnels prefer it.

Regarding the Concert V bass: no, it's not for sale. Sorry. I previously had a USA SD-era Concert bass, and I actually prefer this Concert V to it in every way. I'd definitely recommend picking up one on eBay--they do show up every now and then. Odd thing about it, though, is that I had to put a big 'ol shim in the neck pocket to get the neck height to correctly match up with even the lowest saddle positions on the bridge. As stock, the strings were WAY off the fretboard. This model had a Kahler fixed bridge, which is a very nice and highly adjustable unit, but it sits higher on the body than your typical P-bass type bridge. Jackson obviously didn't think that one through properly when they added the Kahler.

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]Cool group! I really like the DK27! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                            Are YOU a Jackson Warrior? Join us and be all that you can be!

Comment

Working...
                            X