My First Charvel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My First Charvel

I had that hairdoo [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] I was 16. Nice guitar, I am afraid to ask what you sold it for. Not enough, I know it was priceless to you bro. Jack.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      [ QUOTE ]
      Hey that is pretty cool It looks like a yellow logo not a gold one. Do you remember?

[/ QUOTE ]

The logo was gold.
      I was in high school when I had this guitar.
      I remember making the truss rod cover myself from a sheet of yellow plastic I had found in shop class. Just a little something that I thought would make it "different". I left everything else totally stock up to the point of when I sold it. Damn, I would LOVE to be able to track down that same guitar today! [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

The guy that I just bought my EVH Charvel from is reparing that same guitar (without the yellow T/R cover)it has a cracked neck...........
      "When a naked man is chasing a woman through an ally with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross"............ Dirty Harry

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        The guy that I just bought my EVH Charvel from is reparing that same guitar (without the yellow T/R cover)it has a cracked neck...........

[/ QUOTE ]

WoW!!! Are you SURE it's the same guitar? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
        Ah, man ... do you still know how to get ahold of him?

Comment

alls i know is, i opened the thread, and thought it was Eddie. i was like "WTF, mate?"

cool stuff man. really hope you can find your guitar!

Comment

Im sure lots of us on the board have similar stories. I too had to sell my guitar because i was broke and need the money for school.

Comment

awesome guitar....great pic..ah the 80's was a great time
              www.usacharvels.com - info, pics and Charvel guitar discussion board. All things Charvel
              My Charvel guitars - always one away from too many!

Comment

Cool axe...a shame you had to sell it but I think most of us can relate to wishing we could have one (or several) back. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

I hear your pain...I too have made those same mistakes & still do today sometimes. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I remeber selling my Holdsworth cream strat with matching peghead for a song cause I had to have 2 Ibanez RG550's. Back then it was cool but today I kick myself in the ass hard over that one.

It would be really cool if you could get your old axe back!

[ QUOTE ]
                  Just thought I'd share a pic of myself with my very first Charvel.
                  I purchased the guitar sometime in 1984 from what was then known as Veneman Music, in Rockville, Maryland.
                  This pic was taken sometime in 1985.
                  I sold the guitar just shortly after.
                  Yeah, I know ... STUPID mistake! [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Comment

I'm about the same age as you, which is why I mentioned it. And yes, I no longer have hair like that either. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
                    As far as the hair ...
                    If you were a teenager in 1985, chances are, YOU had this same hairdo too. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Comment

<font color="red"> See if a pic is possible,could maybe match the graphics lines up to see if it is the same Charvie for certain!! </font>

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        See if a pic is possible,could maybe match the graphics lines up to see if it is the same Charvie for certain!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, since they were ALL painted differently and all unique, I was thinking the same thing. However, I have yet to recieve any response to my request to try to get in touch with this person. I think the chances are pretty slim. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

That is an awsome guitar and I think that you will find that most of us have a "wish I never sold it" story and quite a few are from the 80s. Hair optional.
                          "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/sick.gif[/img]Wow, I'm just speechless! Sorry to hear that got away...
                            Are YOU a Jackson Warrior? Join us and be all that you can be!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              [ QUOTE ]
                              See if a pic is possible,could maybe match the graphics lines up to see if it is the same Charvie for certain!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, since they were ALL painted differently and all unique, I was thinking the same thing. However, I have yet to recieve any response to my request to try to get in touch with this person. I think the chances are pretty slim. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I bought my EVH Charvel at www.hermiesmusicstore.com (if you want to contact Alan) The Charvel that looks like yours with the cracked headstock is NOT for sale, he's just repairing it. Sorry if I made it seem that it was for sale.......
                              "When a naked man is chasing a woman through an ally with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross"............ Dirty Harry

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                                I bought my EVH Charvel at www.hermiesmusicstore.com (if you want to contact Alan) The Charvel that looks like yours with the cracked headstock is NOT for sale, he's just repairing it. Sorry if I made it seem that it was for sale.......

[/ QUOTE ]

Is it YOUR guitar?
                                If not, how can you be so sure the owner wouldn't consider selling it?

Comment

Working...
                                X