• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson guitar !??!?! what is it !!

Howdy !!

bought this from Ebay, and its being shipped over to the UK

Jackson guitar, click here

The thing is, i dont know what it is!! and i was thinking maybe the members of the JCF could fill in the blanks, and give me some information on it?

many thanx

Re: Jackson guitar !??!?! what is it !!

Cool colour! As the seller states, 'Grover Jackson' guitars are built for the Japanese market, and from the looks of it, I'd say this one was Japanese made.
    Popular is not the same as good
    Rare is not the same as valuable
    Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      Cool colour! As the seller states, 'Grover Jackson' guitars are built for the Japanese market, and from the looks of it, I'd say this one was Japanese made.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanx for the prompt reply ... i live in somerset to !!

is it worth anything? quite rare?

Comment

That's cool - where in Somerset are you then?

By UK standards, I'd say you paid a fair price for that guitar, depending how much you got charged for shipping. As for rarity, there aren't many Grover Jacksons in the UK or USA, but I doubt they're rare in Japan [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

in sunny Weston super Mare !!

just bought a Jem 7V (boo hiss!) but i just had to have it. I have a friend in the states, and had it posted to him, he will post it to me, so i dont pay inport duty [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

its the first one of its kind i have seen, i liked the colour, and it looked like a Dimebag pickup, so i had to have it

Comment

Lovely - Actually, I'm in Shepton Mallet, so I can't laugh too hard!

Not sure how having a friend post something to you avoids the import duty, unless you go uninsured, but it's cool if it works!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Lovely - Actually, I'm in Shepton Mallet, so I can't laugh too hard!

Not sure how having a friend post something to you avoids the import duty, unless you go uninsured, but it's cool if it works!

[/ QUOTE ]

i have shipped a few guitars in from the USA, and there is a customs form to be filled in at the American end. If its a purchase, you pay inport duty on it, at about 25%, however, if its sent as a gift, there is no import duty to pay

[img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

My uncle lives in shepton mallet [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] cool guitar - like the colour!

Comment

Great color, congats on the score [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                  Check my bands!
                  www.myspace.com/magicktr
                  www.myspace.com/sinif64
                  www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

mmmm Purple (drool)

Comment

i own one like that!!!! but mine is a dual humbucker with fins and binding. these guitars are made for the japanese market only from what i've been told. mine is also a neck-thru with standard written on the truss rod cover. if you want i can send pics. you can get a glimpse of it on my webpage http://www.cardomain.com/ride/852895/5. you'll notice that mine is a nice jewel blue also. as for the quality, i think it ranks up there with a USA made anyday. something else that may help is if you get ahold of Charvel750. he had a catalog with all the specs for my guitar. if he sees a pic of it he could look it up if he still has the catalog. hope i helped even in a little way. and if you want to see more pics of mine just let me know.

Garry [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                      X