Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do the LTD's sell for more then the JCF guitar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Why do the LTD\'s sell for more then the JCF guitar?

I think I'll throw another wrench into this [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] There are just as many Rhoads LTD's as there are Rhoads PCS's. Both have the Randy vibe to them. Although both are highly collectible Jacksons, the LTD usually fetches more money. Why is this?

And by the way, as an owner of both an LTD and PCS as well as other Jacksons I must say the PCS is one of my best playing Jacksons. Right up there with my Custom Shop Rhoads!

Rudy

P.S. I have yet to own a less than spectacular USA Jackson.
    Rudy
    www.metalinc.net

Comment

Rudy, I think there are more LTD's than there are PCS Rhoads guitars. Mine was made in 2000 and is no.139. Also, the PCS serial no. was shared by a group of guitars that were in the original PCS series. Take PSC0002, the Danny Spitz Rhoads 10 string that was recently sold. I don't think we can actually tell how many PCS Rhoads there are out there, but there aren't as many as there are LTD's, and none of them have a Floyd!!! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Vic, where did the Dan Spitz 10-string go to? [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

[ February 19, 2003, 07:53 PM: Message edited by: toejam ]
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Joe, you have mail. [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Hi Genebaby;

I'm not sure of the exact numbers of PCS Rhoads' either but for some reason I thought it was around 200. In any event, I don't think the LTD's are worth more because they have "LTD" in the serial number. I think they command a high price due to their historical position as Rhoads' first Jackson. I therefore don't think the PCS being shared by other special Jacksons detracts from the PCS Rhoads either. And if indeed there were less PCS's made as you state then it makes sense that they would be even more valuable than the LTD's.

Rudy
            Rudy
            www.metalinc.net

Comment

I'm totally with you on this Rudy, the PCS Rhoads is a top guitar and is the second Jackson and has the shape/style we all know. It's just a shame Randy didn't get to use it as much. I think that's a big part of the equation. There are just nowhere near as many pics of Randy with his second Jackson than with the first. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Hey Guys

Since we are talking about the Rhoads Guitars
                the LTD the PCS and the JCF what about the Rhoads Tribute Polka Dot Flying V.
                where are they in the grand scheme of these guitars are they worth more then the JCF? how is the quality? Which one is worth more the Floyd Rose model or the Standard Trem?
                what gives?

[ February 20, 2003, 06:25 AM: Message edited by: JacksonShredder ]

Comment

The Rhoads tribute V's sold new for about $2000 (someone correct me if I'm wrong). The quality on my pair is excellent. Great (but thick) neck, perfect choice of pickups, cool paint, etc. The only problem with these is they're NOT what RR played. He had a set neck Sandoval with a "harpoon" headstock. These were just Jackson's interpretation of the Sandoval. The Floyded ones sell for a lot more for some reason (probably playability, since authenticity went out the window with the headstock). They're great guitars.

Brett

http://www.collectguitars.com/Gear/BColeman.htm

Comment

Working...
                  X