Foggy Finish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Foggy Finish

Ok here's the scoop. The clear coat on one of my guitars looks fogy. Its not scratched just not shiny. Any suggestions of how to bring it back?

Thanks

BB

Re: Foggy Finish

Forget it I polished it out. I like it when its that simple.

BB

Comment

Carl Fogerty has his own finish now?? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

(That was for our British friends.)

Comment

I think the fumes are getting to ya, Brad [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

His glasses were steamed up, but it's all good now [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
          Hail yesterday

Comment

Read the link below. It solved my hazy finish problems.

http://pub24.ezboard.com/ftheclevela...picID=13.topic
            We must!
            We must!
            We must increase the bust!
            The bigger the better!
            The tighter the sweater!
            The boys are counting on us!

Comment

Yeah thats cool. I thought my finish was damaged and would require cutting in but it was only some kind of film on the Body suface.

Thanks BB

Comment

Swillmaster you could always order it directly from them like I did. Just give them a call. Their number is on that site somewhere.
                We must!
                We must!
                The bigger the better!
                The tighter the sweater!

Comment

Yeah, but then I don't get the pleasure of hearing some young'un mangle an Ibenhad. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                  That and it's a three day weekend and I feel "project mode" coming on...

Comment

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] @ Chuck.
                    Yay the biking links again [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                    You know thats what I thought when I clicked on it [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                    A bit disapointed but, hey [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

James

[ February 13, 2003, 04:07 PM: Message edited by: Mr White ]

Comment

Thanks for the link, I'll have to try that polish out. Unfortunately, it will require a trip to GC. [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]
                      Maybe I'll annoy them with some of my "chops" just for grins. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Chris, I just bought some, will try it out tomorrow and let you know what I think of it. [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
                        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Cool Mike. I hope you get the same results I did with the stuff. I will be restringing and cleaning the black with white bevs Warrior this weekend. Black guitars are always the best test subjects for a new wax.
                          We must!
                          We must!
                          The bigger the better!
                          The tighter the sweater!

Comment

After your glowing review on the stuff, I couldn't pass up trying it. [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Wasn't cheap... only 2 bottles left, that look like they'd been there for a year (the site says it doesn't deteoriate, due to their mixture and the fluoridation of the containers), but I bought them anyways... $25 for the cleaner and the polish.

The first 4 guitars I will be trying this on will be black too, and in various conditions, but all needing a good polish.

A 5fx (sold, nice condition), 3dr (horrible cloth/pick swirl), my Warrior (toured guitar, but not bad swirl like the 3dr), and my strathead dinky (nitro, I think, but exc condition).

Come to think about it, I'll take before/after pics and post them here. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Oh, and post some more photos of that Warrior! [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

You did good on that order! [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X