Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Columbus guitar show

Did anyone here attened?
    It was a good show lots of people several pointies (mostly mine)a cool 89 soloist multi color metal flake.A king V with the 3X3 headstock and ligntning sky graphic.Two 82 Deans one a baby V and one a baby ML both were 1 hum with a badass bridge.1 cherry burst Orville a couple of Burnys.
    Great show.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Re: Columbus guitar show

Yep, I was there. Good show but it keeps getting smaller every year. That 89 holo-flake soloist has been at that show for the last 3 times. I guess the "Nelson owned" sign isn't helping to move it. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] The KV was nice but I'm not a fan of the lightning sky graphic.

There was also a clean model 7 in desert rose, maple board and reverse headstock. I've got the dealer info in case anyone is interested.

Comment

Well thanks for letting me know - NOT! LOL!

How do you guys find out about these? Cincy usually has one too but I can never find out when.

Comment

They're having one of these shows down here in Orlando the week after next. I am interested to see how many pointy guitars they have. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Didn't go. I talked to one of the promoters.....at least he said he was a promoter. He asked why the turn outs are getting smaller and what not. I told him it was because they have this thing right after the holidays and right before income taxes. People be broke. I told him if he had it the last weekend of February or first weekend of March, their turnout would be alot better. I mean, I love guitars as much as the next guy, but, I dont want to go stare at stuff I can't afford to buy at the moment.-Lou
          " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Well thanks for letting me know - NOT! LOL!

How do you guys find out about these? Cincy usually has one too but I can never find out when.

[/ QUOTE ]

DITTO
            >>--HuntinDoug-->

Comment

I went to that show in 1998 and it was awesome...I bought a crapload of gear. Unfortunately, I haven't been there again....it's quite a drive from here. At the time I had a friend in Columbo I was able to stay with.

January isn't the best timing, but I'd be inclined to say increased internet sales are the main thing driving down attendance at shows.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

January isn't the best timing, but I'd be inclined to say increased internet sales are the main thing driving down attendance at shows.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that the internet is causing a drop in the attendance (both dealers and non-dealers) at these shows. I've been going to the Columbus shows (which are always the same Sunday in January and June) for the past 4 years. The summer show is much smaller and less attended than the winter show. And the winter shows now are not like they were 4 years ago. The only reason I can think of is it's easier for the dealers to sell online - they reach a larger audience, they don't incur the cost of traveling to show and paying for a table, and they can get interested buyers into a bidding war if they use an online auction. Sorry to say but that's just the way things are progressing IMHO.

Comment

That model 7 is up on ebay right now.I didn't have the cash at the time and I lost out, but it is very clean and has a hard case.1 little ding on the bottom but easily filled IIRC just in the clear coat.
                  Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
                  X