Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Jackson reboost their endorsers list?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Should Jackson reboost their endorsers list?

Yes, it definitely depends on who the artist is too, and more popular artists get more perks...

The way I understood the lower levels of endorsement from ESP is that you get a couple guitars for free each year, then if you need additional guitars, you pay some cheap price for them. That was the way it was explained to me by one Jackson endorsee when he switched to ESP.

He didn't switch because the guitars were better, he switched because he got a couple guitars for free and he never had to worry about them on tour... if he needed a replacement, they were made available for a super low price.... probably bottom line factory cost.

I bought Phil Fasciana of Malevolent Creation's Custom Jackson Warrior... he paid cost for. It was around $1200 in 1995, and he used it for a few recordings and a tour, but was too afraid to use it and damage it and didn't want it to get stolen, so it sat in his closet for many years... After he switched to ESP he didn't see needing it anymore so I bought it. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Yeah, ESP are appealing to a common sense. A touring musician is much more concerned on delivering the performance rather than enjoying the axe on stage. ESP's are good enough for touring so for a player who has not a budget ot keep a lot of backups and is about to launch a big tour it is very attractive deal.
      Because I don't say it
      Doesn't mean I ain't thinking it

Comment

I've noticed a lot of relatively unknown bands getting ESP endorsements, and a lot of bands who play ESP (or LTD) exclusively. I suspect that ESP is more willing to take on new artists, but the terms of the endorsement vary drastically from one to the next. My band has a Peavey endorsement, and as "cool" as that is, it's just a discount and only applies to orders from one specific dealer. I suspect that anyone sending them a demo could get the same deal we got.

I've emailed back and forth with the Fender artist relations folks, but my dream of a Jackson endorsement (even a small discount) remains unfulfilled.
        sigpic

Comment

Well just look at the Kranks! They got a lot of artists behind them, and they're hunks of shit! But look how many members there are here on JCF! Are there even any other boards for ESPs/Ibanez?? I know I'll spend my $, love, and full devotion, to Jacksons regardless who plays, or doesn't play them!!
          I love admins!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            I'm the kind of guy who knows what he likes.

It doesn't matter to me that Vai/Satriani/Gilbert play Ibanez, Hendrix/Malmsteen/Clapton play Fender.
            Give me a Jackson any day of the week, I say.

[/ QUOTE ]

Amen, brother.. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

George Lynch gets a fee for everyone of his models that sell, that i know for a fact.Its probably the same for anyone with a sig. model.They do not however, own those "free" guitars outright.They are basically loaned to them for an indefinate time, unless they pay cost. Tommy Skoech from Tesla used to trade his all the time for gibsons, which pissed off ESP.I dont know if tht is why they dont just give the guitars to endorsers, but it may have something to do with it.

Comment

One of the reasons I'm back at Jackson is to get the artist roster back up. I've got a few guys that are amazing players in the traditional Jackson style. Mark Morton from Lamb of God, Corey from Trivium, Phil from Machine Head... all are amazing players that are on the rise. I'll be looking to expand the list as time goes by, but we've got some good up and coming guys (in addition to the above) and it's a legitimate endorsement for all of the right reasons. First and foremost, because they WANT to play Jacksons and they know what the guitars are about. I know that they represent Jackson with the way that they play too... anyway, I couldn't resist kicking the dead horse square in the ass one last time....
                \oo/. .\oo/ @ www.jacksonguitars.com

Comment

There are various reasons why people go to ESP etc. For a start, Jackson put a 12 month waiting list on build time for an instrument for an artist. When you are about to tour and had a disaster this is not acceptable (Hello Alexi Laiho). Also, ESP do a lot of effort to advertise the bands who play their instruments worldwide and release many Sig series. Jackson doesn't seem to do this.

Both make equally great guitars, it's a matter of opinion as to the *feel*.
                  For these reasons people flock to ESP etc :P

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    One of the reasons I'm back at Jackson is to get the artist roster back up. I've got a few guys that are amazing players in the traditional Jackson style. Mark Morton from Lamb of God, Corey from Trivium, Phil from Machine Head... all are amazing players that are on the rise. I'll be looking to expand the list as time goes by, but we've got some good up and coming guys (in addition to the above) and it's a legitimate endorsement for all of the right reasons. First and foremost, because they WANT to play Jacksons and they know what the guitars are about. I know that they represent Jackson with the way that they play too... anyway, I couldn't resist kicking the dead horse square in the ass one last time....

[/ QUOTE ]

Welcome home Brian [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                    Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

I'd endorse them if they sent me a few of their NAMM axes! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Then again, I'm nobody... [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Any hints on the new Mark Morton sig that is supposed to be coming out?

Comment

Re: Mark Morton. We're waiting on truss rods for the first proto, once that's approved by Mark - it's ON!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So, what you're telling me is that I need to re-submit? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                            Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

i havent even submitted yet to be honest...lol...i'm waiting til some other things finalize in the band before even asking....d.m.
                              http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

Yeah, it's only part time for me right now. I'm also working with the legendary Mike Eldred as his left hand man in the Fender Custom Shop ... I liked the Devane stuff I heard. In particult, the Toxic Twins cover, Kings & Queens I think it was....

Comment

Working...
                                X