Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Jackson reboost their endorsers list?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Should Jackson reboost their endorsers list?

I really think that Jackson is on a decent track right now... at least better than they have been since losing Mustaine (good riddance to the whiney bitch) and Alexi (they screwed up on him, but the timing of the theft and the Jackson handover makes it an issue that's difficult to put blame on Jackson)....
    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

and on that note.... how do we not get thier bass player, playing a Peavy Millinium, I am no bass player, but my bass player wont touch one of those things
      Piney Hills New Site <------Clicky Clicky

CALL THE SHOP @ 318.232.3002

instock inventory

Comment

my .02...

start with the "js" line intro a "Bo Bice (or any popular name) starter kit" price it low. to attract the younger players (teenagers)

stay the course with the "pro series", "x series", and "mg series" upgrades as warranted

signature lines...

Pretty much okay with what they have.

NOW HERE IS WHERE THEY NEED TO GET SERIOUS...
        Get a Johnny DeMarco or any studio player... to do more interactive web site promoting for a particular guitar line that "week" or "month". Better promotion at the dealer level throughout the US these guitarists can tour dealer clinics who know how to play and can give quick advice on setups and sound. during the dealer clinics and make sure there are plenty of t-shirts, key chains, hats or stickers, whatever is cheap and you can give away just for showing interest in your product. Market with all dealers for differant giveaways at store levels and online. get in the swag program even heavier. since fender took over they have told us "we won't pay people to play our instruments" (which i'm totally onboard with [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]) market that with a slogan... like "serious guitarists choose Jackson" or something to that effect. once you get the younger players in your camp educate them on your product as they grow as a musician they will grow in your products too. seems that how fender, gibson, and ect do it.
        like i said my .02 FWIW probably just that amount [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
        Amp... Pioneer
        Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

Who is Johnny DeMarco? *shrug* Buckethead should be the one doing intereactive lessons for Jackson... umm... he is a Jackson player...

As for Jackson basses, I'm sorry they miss the mark... at least every one I've ever played was not well suited for Metal. I love my Custom Jackson guitars, but for basses, give me Warwick or Ibanez. Sorry Jackson, but some things really need to change (neck profile, body size, control layouts) before I'll buy a Jackson bass (oversized six-string). They're not badly crafted, just badly designed, IMO. Look at the Warwick Thumb or Ibanez Ergodynes for reference, IMO.

Comment

I think you guys should hone your chops, write the next Rising Force/Passion & Warfare/Surfing with the Alien/Dragon's Kiss, and then get signed and give us something new to listen to! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
            \oo/. .\oo/ @ www.jacksonguitars.com

Comment

Not signed yet, but I can give you somethign that´s definitely new [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

I still think Buckethead should do a monthly online seminar for Jackson guitars. lol... that would be interesting! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  Who is Johnny DeMarco? *shrug*

[/ QUOTE ]

who he is not that important, but if it matters...

Johnny DeMarco

Roland/Boss use him at shows they're in.

He just plugs the products and shows the crowds what they are about and what they can do. basically just shows off his ability on their products. so when people leave they say "man, that effect, amp, guitar or whatever sounds awesome i'll have to try one myself and see what its like." i don't think you waste money trying to sign up and coming artist just to keep them away from competitor brands. i think you invest in studio artists that play in every type of venue and differant genre's. Take Rafael Moreira the lead guitarist for the show "Rockstar INXS" the guy just flat out ripped every show for 12 weeks straight that would have been FREE advertising for any guitar maker. why endorse a "cookie cutter" metal band when you can go after a true musician i.e. a "gun for hire" for shows that get you primetime exposure and you can put on your website for gear and product demos at a fraction of the cost. to me that makes more sense. [img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img]
                  Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
                  Amp... Pioneer
                  Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    why endorse a "cookie cutter" metal band when you can go after a true musician i.e. a "gun for hire" for shows that get you primetime exposure and you can put on your website for gear and product demos at a fraction of the cost.

[/ QUOTE ]

But would that make you buy a guitar? And if you liked metal and wanted a new guitar and didnt know about Jacksons, it wouldnt do jack shit to make you want one. But if you're favourite band are playing them, you'd think "Hang on, that pointy guitar I saw in the guitar shop I hadnt heard of is actually decent enough". ITS A BUSINESS ! ! ! ! !

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      [ QUOTE ]
                      why endorse a "cookie cutter" metal band when you can go after a true musician i.e. a "gun for hire" for shows that get you primetime exposure and you can put on your website for gear and product demos at a fraction of the cost.

[/ QUOTE ]

But would that make you buy a guitar? And if you liked metal and wanted a new guitar and didnt know about Jacksons, it wouldnt do jack shit to make you want one. But if you're favourite band are playing them, you'd think "Hang on, that pointy guitar I saw in the guitar shop I hadnt heard of is actually decent enough". ITS A BUSINESS ! ! ! ! !

[/ QUOTE ]

when will they see their "favorite metal band" on tv? once a week on mtv2 on headbangers ball, IF they can get mtv2 on their cable provider [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]. to me the better route is to limit endorsement deals and use the money saved on that and have free clinics at differant guitar shops for the young kids and adults who are interested in attending them. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                      Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
                      Amp... Pioneer
                      Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        [ QUOTE ]
                        Who is Johnny DeMarco? *shrug*

[/ QUOTE ]

who he is not that important, but if it matters...

Johnny DeMarco

Roland/Boss use him at shows they're in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah.. that guy. Okay. Well if they could have 10,000 of him and put him in every guitar center, that'd be awesome. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] Other than that, I don't see much use. NAMM is good because it suckers the retailers to buy that crap, but that doesn't do much for the end user, IMO.

Comment

why not get a "virtuoso" like jeff loomis on board? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Jeff is already under a contract
                            Because I don't say it
                            Doesn't mean I ain't thinking it

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              This is interesting. I have wondered how the endorsement thing works. I had noticed that a lot of former Jackson/Charvel players are at ESP and Ibanez nowadays. I am sure those companies make fine guitars, but they can't be any better than Jackson/Charvel. So I guess it just comes down to a business decision - how to make your dollar go farther.

For me, I would rather play what I like rather than what’s the cheapest, but, I am not a touring musician and my lively hood does not depend on my playing for money. If it did I am sure I would starve!!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Oh, I would be happy to endorse Jackson and get my guitars at cost. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe some of the musicians do just prefer the "feel" of the guitars they are playing. Kirk plays his RR1 and various ESP's etc live. I dont think he really cares whether it is a Jackson or ESP or InsertBrand. Whether a guitar is better or not usually comes down to if you like the "feel" of say a Jackson over a) b) c). But I seriously doubt these other companies have such a huge endorsement list just for a few extra guitars for touring :P When you are a professional musician you tend to get irritated if you don't play your favorite instrument(s). Kind of like racing in a car you dont really like/feel.
                              I'll admit with guitars I have not yet reached this level of live performance but I can speak with experience in regard to classical instruments.

Comment

Why doesn't Cadillac have a car in NASCAR? Do they need pro drivers to convince everyone they're selling good cars? We've got guys on our roster that play Jackson guitars for the right reasons. There's no Wizard of Oz element behind it. They play Jacksons for the same reason you do - because there is nothing better and there is no substiute for a Jackson guitar. It's really that simple and I don't know what else to say.
                                \oo/. .\oo/ @ www.jacksonguitars.com

Comment

Working...
                                X