Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Jackson reboost their endorsers list?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Should Jackson reboost their endorsers list?

McD, Just from a UK point of view, you might want to jump on the band Bullet For My Valentine. Similar in style to Trivium and they already use Jacksons. The vocalist/guitarist has an RR1T which he bought before the band were signed. They're very much a flavour of the month, 'ripped off At The Gates riffs crossed with Iron Maiden with big emo choruses' kind of band (imagine sugary metalcore) but they are fairly popular.
    Apologies if you're already onto this!!! Its just they're getting bigger in the public eye.

Actually, I think Ive seen Matt Tuck (the guy) in a Jackson promo picture... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Wasting everyones time with this post!!!

Comment

I saw a recent magazine article where both guitarists said they were excited to have their CS Jacksons ordered. Maybe McD's onto it already? Or maybe the boys are making enough around the UK to drop some big cash on guitars now [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

thanks for the description, James. I've been wondering what their music is like.
      Hail yesterday

Comment

I don't think that is true about artists like Lynch, Hammet, and Hetfield. They have been with ESP so long I'm very sure they get there guitars for nothing.

Comment

Ah thats ace. The At The Gates thing actually is a bit of a lie. They're not that good. Id believe it if you told me their biggest influence was As I Lay Dying or some shit, which is the biggest problem today, bands being influenced by modern bands and wondering why they sound like watered down shite. Then occasionally you'll get the odd band who actually listens to the bands that the bands they like listen to. If you get me. Its like, for the local scene at least, Im takling super-underground, hardly any bands are influenced by Slayer and At The Gates and death metal anymore. They're only influenced by bands like As I Lay Dying etc. Fair do's, but you're going to sound watered down and it gets on my tits.

This has gone right off topic now!!!

I read somewhere that Steve Vai gets $75,000 a year for playing Ibanez. But that could be wrong.

James

Comment

Is the guitar Mark uses in his Guitar World instructional thingies his new model?

Comment

since Fender and Jackson / Charvel are in the same bed, would it be a big no-no for John 5 who is with Fender to cross into the Jackson line up, or even Charvel with the Tele? With his Manson and Zombie touring exposure, plus the man can play, he would be a killer fit.
              ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

Important topic. I hope that Jackson hooks up with some VIRTUOSOS, because bands and fads come and go as fans and tastes evolve, but the urge to be the best continues. In addition to making records and touring, these guys can do clinical tours, columns in guitar mags, instructional DVDs, etc. Their influence is more long-lasting and deep than the flavor of the day bands that companies like ESP often focus on.

Whatever Ibanez pays Vai, it's not enough. He is an absolute goldmine for them. As a personal example, I have no delusions about becoming anything like him as a player, but despite my long-standing anti-Ibanez stance, I became so intrigued by watching and hearing what he can do with a JEM, that I ended up buying one. I ended up liking it so much, I bought an RG; liked that so much, I bought another RG, and just days ago, a third RG (separate post coming in the appropriate sub-forum). There are more players like him out there, to inspire more shmucks like me to part with their money. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Rusty Cooley's web site formerly proudly displayed his Jackson Custom Shop (which I got the impression he bought himself). Now it's Ibanez all over. Jackson should've snagged him.

Zakk Wylde's endorsement would be huge, and he's obviously willing to play Jacksons despite his Gibson endorsement. Maybe a Bullseye RR1, with mahogany body, oiled neck, EMGs, etc., to meet his specs? You got EVH to drop Peavey (brilliant move, BTW), I think you can get Zakk to co-endorse Jackson.

And there are many great players who aren't brand new, but still have much more to offer. How about Jennifer Batten? Ronni Le Tekro?

Comment

We're already working with Bullet For My Valentine. Also, from Europe we're working with 1349, Breed 77, and Devil Sold His Soul.
                  \oo/. .\oo/ @ www.jacksonguitars.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    We're already working with Bullet For My Valentine. Also, from Europe we're working with 1349, Breed 77, and Devil Sold His Soul.

[/ QUOTE ]
                    I heard of the Buller RR model. Can you tell us when it'll be ready, or if there's a prototype at NAMM?

Comment

1349, great! But who the hell are those other guys?

Comment

Hammett still plays his RR1 live...

Comment

1349 it`s a black metal band, maybe you can also get the reunited Emperor, they use Jacksons a lot.

Comment

It's all taking place at our Fender UK shop, I mean shoppe... I'm just reporting. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

yea with Emperor back together that would be one to go after, although that might be a PR decision to some extent because Emperor doesn't exactly have the most rosy of history's. Not quite as bad as Mayhem, but lets just say they have had their brushes with the law :P And I don't mean piddly shit like possession. From a personal standpoint that doesn't affect me, I'm a big fan of Green Carnation which was started by Tchort.

Comment

how about some players that people know?
                                even I don't know most of these UG players with lubricated leather pants
                                "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Working...
                                X