Is anybody buying new Charvels?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is anybody buying new Charvels?

Although I'm here often,I very rarely see mention of the current Charvel line (Journeyman and whatever),even in the "Import Charvel" section.Is this because they are not well-liked,too expensive,hard to get hold of,or what?
    I'd be interested to hear anyone's comments.

Re: Is anybody buying new Charvels?

never seen one in atlanta...hard to justify buying something if i can't play one to see how it feels (personal opinion)...d.m.
    http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

They're very nice guitars and, as I understand it, selling OK. Remember there's much wider guitar audience out there than just on this board. IMHO, though, they're a fair bit overpriced for an import. (...Except for the Journeyman.) For just a few hundred more, you can get a USA Select. Too close for comfort.

Comment

I bought a new Charvel Traditional this year and I love it! Great action and excellent sounding pickups. BTW first guitar with a floyd. I do admit they are a little pricey but hunt for the bargains (mine was $585 with case brand new). It totaly kicks my American made Fender Roadhouse Strat that cost $300 more!!!! I must admit they new Charvels are hard to find!
        RR24M -SLATQH- 2 SLSMG's- DKMGT- 3DXMGT's
        CHS2 -Traditional- 2 SC90 Surfcasters
        Tacoma DR14 DM14 JR55
        Ibanez Artcore AM77, AF125NT,AS93

Comment

They freakin' rule!!!!! I love them to death! Too bad the store that carries them overprices them far more than they already are.

Comment

They look nice, but not really my kind of guitar. I'm sticking with Jacksons.

Just my two cents... [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
            Facebook - Youtube

Comment

I did a review of a Charvel Model A on the old board... if you want to read (beware of the popups) here's the link:

Some of the pictures have been deleted on my host, but it's a pretty in depth review.

http://pub132.ezboard.com/fjacksonch...icID=233.topic
              The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

I owned a Charvel Traditional for awhile. Bought it used from a JCF member for $400 with case and later sold it on ebay for the same price. I thought it was a great guitar, but not "metal" enough. They have quartersawn maple necks, really thick rosewood fretboards, and seem to be machined better than the Jackson imports. I think they're worth the price, because they play really well. I now own two DK2s and don't miss the Charvel, but they are definitely great guitars.
                My YouTube Videos | My SoundCloud Page

Comment

I would love to have one of the new Charvels if they would make a couple of models left-handed. Obviously the Gods deem it neccessary that I just play Deans and USA selects...isn't that terrible? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I'd find it hard to buy a new one when I can find 95-96 USA Charvels with the same headstock for around the same price or less...

Pete

Comment

I played a couple and beleive it or not, the Journeyman felt the best of all of them, but at 800.00, it better have a Floyd, and it doesn't.

The paint job was very crappy also, it was the Rising Sun Graphic and you could see where the tape came up along the edges while painting.
                      Madness Reigns......... In the Hall of the Mountain King!

Comment

I'd love to get a Journeyman in natural. They can be found online for like $500- $600, but they don't have a Floyd! [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] Vintage or two-point trems to me are... [img]graemlins/nono.gif[/img]

[ February 18, 2003, 12:19 PM: Message edited by: toejam ]
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                        X