Great Information Link about 80's Soloists

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great Information Link about 80's Soloists

For anyone wanting reference about construction, materials and changes in the 80's here ya go...

80's Jackson Soloists
    PLAY TILL U DIE !!!

Re: Great Information Link about 80\'s Soloists

Looks like Jim Shine's site, if I remember correctly?

Kick ass for sure!
    You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Thanks!! Great info!

Comment

I would like to lay my hands on one of those someday. I believe the Shannon's were patterned off the early Soloists,
        correct?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          I would like to lay my hands on one of those someday. I believe the Shannon's were patterned off the early Soloists,
          correct?

[/ QUOTE ]

You are correct! The Shannons aren't exact copies, though. The biggest difference is that the Shannons use the modern larger control routing, rather than the old triangle-shaped smaller San Dimas routing. Also, Floyd-equipped San Dimas guitars had rear-mounted screws for the locknut, whereas the Shannons use the modern top-mounted screws. That's probably an improvement, since you don't weaken the neck that way. Apart from those things, the only differences are minor cosmetic ones--the Shannons are damn cool!

Comment

Thanks for the post, since I lost the link to this site. It looks like my '87 is one of the in between ones, since it has several San Dimas features (control route, brass shielding plate, three mini-switches, straight knob layout, Strat style single coil routes), and several Ontario features (USA to the right of the Jackson logo, black headstock overlay, Jackson pickups stock).

Comment

Working...
            X