Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pantera + apartments = pissed off neighbors

kev hog ripping up some ****.

Yeah my house is sweet as hell, but they have this bunk nuisance rule now they just made in my city. Its no longer noise until 10 all you want, its if your neighbors dont like you, call the cops on you, well my home is on a double lot, and my other neighbors are afraid of me.

Ill have my friends come over, and we will fight each other, like that back yard wrestling crap, only we try to make it look more painful when they are around, so they are slightly afraid of us freaks,

oh and they did say, ifyou ever make it famous, we want a kick back for listening to you and not calling the cops!

My old building I lived in was 3 musicians, myself, my neighbor the the guy above me. there were 5 units, the the other 2 were always getting evicted, so we would make all this noise all the time, and when they reported us, it was like, hmmm who do we side with, the THREE rent paying musicians, or the TWO asswipes who are crying. . . well I think you know where it went. We pretty much had it that we could pay more rent and have FULL ON band practices IN OUR apartment, and the one set of neighbors we have was really cool, because the difference in rent we payed, they saved so they loved us!

Comment

Heh, I have an AVT-50 Combo and live in an appartment, but didn't get any complaints yet.

That said, I have the volume only at one or slightly higher when I play at home.

When I want to crank it up I just go to the nearby airfield (I'm a member of one of the soaring clubs), there's nobody there in the evening and the next village (the one where I live) is a few kilometers away.
      We have a nice big conference room there, it's perfect for having jam sessions with my friends and stuff. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
      http://www.myspace.com/officialuncreation

Comment

Used to Live in a Row house. Had a Acoustic 370 with 2 Cabs 4x12 with 2 Bi Radial Horns. Neighbours were scared of us untill one day the cops showed up with all these broken plates and little figures. Seems I shook there art plates off the wall and the figures off there shelfs and smashed them all on the floor. They were out at the time and came home to this. Oh well I soon moved into my first house after that have had no problems since, well not quite the wife dosn't like the 5150 with 2 4x12 cabs so they have moved to my buds practice space in the country [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

BB

Comment

i have the answer, brick, concrete, stone and steel are out friends [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] .
          the house i own is brick, previous apartment was a high rise, concrete steel and cinderblock, previous to that I lived in a trendy converted industrial lofty place brick, concrete and steel.
          no hearing the neighbors, they don't hear me whenever i look for a place i look for something like those.
          rock on bebe [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] no one hear's ****
          1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

toejam- how does it not apply if i thsi happens when i play my beloved RR5

ya know how ya can use chorus/reverb or whatever to achieve a nice watery sound that when palm muted hits really low frequencies? well floods has lots of that and dangit i like it [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

i'll be out of here in a few months anyhow. i was just pretty irritated the other day. one day i'll have a garage for my cars and guitars... one day...

Comment

Doesn't really matter what you play. The topic doesn't belong in this section. I'm surprised a mod hasn't moved it there already. Just letting you know.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

pro-fusion,

I must have your old Apartment !! The lady down stairs is crazy, The most I can get away with is playing through headphones BEFORE 8pm - She actually hears me play unplugged!!!! - It's unbelievable it is NOT possible to hear me play unplugged but every time I do she pounds on my floor. I tuned my guitar through my PODxt late one night and she called the cops. There is nothing I can do at this point, I have no choice but to move. I have already sold my amp and acoustic guitar since they are useless here - the thing that I can't understand is never complains about the TV which is loud but even with it on the second I strum a chord unplugged the pounding starts. It's like a twilight zone episode, there is just NO WAY she can hear it but yet she does. Sorry guys, I just had to vent.

Comment

I was at my friends. he lives in a condo like me. and he was playing his drums ( which he is pretty freakin good at ). And all of a sudde this fat ugly blonde ***** comes over.

Blonde pig : what the hell do you think your doing ?

Nick: playing my skins

blonde pig: has it occured to you that people want peace and quiet. I can hear you from across the street (NOTE: i can only hear him if im at the bottom of his staircase that leads up to his condo).

blonde ****: i will call the cops if this happen's again

Nick: **** her dude next time i'll play really loud.

All his other neighbors have no problem. infact they enjoy his playing. Only once before was he asked to stop because one of his neoghbors was sick. adn they asked nicely. and he complied.

My neighbors dont really mind in our condo. im only next to one other person.they're cool with it. as long as i dont turn the monster up too loud.

Just give them a list of the sound ordinances next time they ****.

Comment

Go apologize to the neigbor, tell them you understand completely and don't want to bother them anymore, so when would be a convienient time for you to practice? And be really really nice about it......

Comment

What are you smokin? We all know you have to be mean and cruel to them and make sure you scare them off! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

[img]graemlins/thebirds.gif[/img] Toejam

heh heh

It's only mildly Jackson-related, and yeah the responses seem to place it in NCJ, but geez man, unbunch yer panties eh? [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Bite me, dough boy! [img]graemlins/thebirds.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

This brings up a good topic. Soundproofing. I had a bud who worked in a restaurant bring me hundreds of those egg flats and I did my whole garage up with them. I'll be damned if I'm going to do that in my jam room now, (More like I'll get murdered) but there must be some insulation thats better for sound proofing. I was planing on dry walling my place anyhow. Any ideas?
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

After so many years of apartment living, my studio is hooked up with a POD, V-Amp and drum machine so that I can work at low volumes or through headphones. I don't even own a real amp anymore--what's the point? I don't gig out and I know it would just cause problems.

Actually, I did have a lot of problems a few years ago even with my current setup. I rented this condo really cheap--and then found out why it was so cheap. The neighbor below was this nutjob who called the cops at the slightest noise. Mind you, this was an old apartment with no soundproofing between levels, so you could almost make out conversations above and below you. This schmuck had driven out, like, the previous 5 tenants before me (who were NOT musicians!) by repeatedly calling the cops based on noise that was approximately at conversation level. Our landlord finally got fed up and sold the unit (the idiot below had even called the cops on him when he lived there with his wife and child--and he's a middle-aged Indian guy, not exactly a rockin' dude!)

We ended up having to move and pay through the ass to rent houses until the ridiculously expanding housing prices here in DC forced us back into apartments--but we are lucky because we are currently renting a unit in a converted house, where our neighbors above and below are really cool about any noise.

Comment

Hey how's the weather over there?

[img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
                                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                                X