No announcement yet.

My new charvel! Is it really a charvel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: My new charvel! Is it really a charvel?

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    Not a Jackson/Charvel body.
    Vol/Tone knobs and 5 way are in the wrong location.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Actually, I've got a black body that looks just like that with the same knob placement. I found it on ebay, asked about it here, and Jim Shine said it was his friend's and it was indeed a Jackson body. I thought it was originally some kind of Ibanez since they usually have the knob placement like that, but I dug out an old MF catalog from around '97 and saw two exclusive MF Dinky Reverse models with that layout. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
    Interesting... I wonder if the control layout was exclusive to those pieces? Special order maybe? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
    -Rick

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      I also recall the Fusion body had the selector in the same location.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never seen a Fusion with the selector in that location. They're usually more like the Model As above.
      Hail yesterday

Comment

I don't know. All I know is one had dot inlays and the other had reverse sharkfins, both the same control layout. I've still got the catalog somewhere around here. I've never seen any other Jackson or Charvel models like that, so it might just be exclusive to that MF run.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

The Model A & A+ both come with Ebony boards, that one appears to be rosewood.

The single coil cuts dont look like an import Charvel.

Horns are a little more rounded as well.

5-way and knobs are wierd for imports but the neck sure looks to be Charvel all the way.

Who knows, it might say made in usa on the headstock. Would explain everything.

Looks nice either way. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            [ QUOTE ]
            I also recall the Fusion body had the selector in the same location.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never seen a Fusion with the selector in that location. They're usually more like the Model As above.

[/ QUOTE ]

Or directly behind the volume knob, depending on the model. (even some HSS models have only a volume knob and the 5-way switch)
            Occupy JCF

Comment

Thanks guys, the guy who I bought it off bought it in Osaka 10 years ago as new, so maybe its a Japanese version. I only paid £120(UK) so I'm happy whatever. My friend is pretty certain it is a JB, so I'm stoked. The only alteration I'm gonna make is fit a trem bar with a sleeve instead of the screw in version.

Comment

it does look like a fernandes revolver body.
                Widow - "We have songs"

http://jameslugo.com/johnewooteniv.shtml

http://ultimateguitarsound.com

Comment

I dont really care if this a fake or not, but I have to say I think it isn't. Its a great sounding guitar and its plays beautifully. The trem is a low profile style floyd (which Im not as keen on as the original config.) but its good enough and its does have the charvel logo on it.

The logo on the headstock is the one with the non-pointed headstock logo if that makes sense. I don't know if that dates it or what. Also it has 24 frets. No back plate definately but my friend took the neck off and there was still some wood dust there so in his opinion had not been altered.

All in all very happy for £120 [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                  X