What exactly is "Jackson Stars"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What exactly is "Jackson Stars"?

I see "Jackson Stars" this and "Jackson Stars" that, but what are they? I realize they are guitars, but what is it about them that sets them apart from the average Jackson line? Secondly, if they are good guitars, where can i get one?

Thanks in advance...
    -Paul
    DIVIDE THIS LAND | DIRTY 'N' HEAVY, SERVED PIPING HOT

Re: What exactly is \"Jackson Stars\"?

look in the Import Jacksons subforum. There are more Jackson Stars threads there than you can poke a stick at. Some of the threads contain reviews, contact details, specs, etc.
    Hail yesterday

Comment

They're Jacksons for Japan only: Jackson Stars.
      You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

Oh alright, thanks.
        DIVIDE THIS LAND | DIRTY 'N' HEAVY, SERVED PIPING HOT

Comment

Don't confuse em with the 'star' (model/shape). I did that at first as well, and it got mighty confusing at times. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Luckily most stars, if not all, are Charvels.
          You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

They are the Japanese-market version of Jackson guitars - only available to the Japanese/Asian market (China, etc) and are not sold or distributed to North America or Europe. They are made by the same factory that does the Japanese-made Professional and MG models we see in Guitar Center or Musician's Friend.

There's a few threads on them in the Import Jackson section, including how and where to find them.

The higher-end JacksonStars models are USA-Jackson quality, just like the famed early-90's Professionals, though some have ebony boards and some have rosewood - the construction quality and hardware are identical in the majority of cases (i.e. Schaller trems, USA Duncans, Kahler trems, one or two models have OFRs). The reason they aren't marketed and sold outside of the Asian market is because of the high quality, which would compete directly with USA Jacksons, again, like they did in the early 90s.
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Ron

You still never fail to make "friends" around here as usual! [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/fart.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I got more friends than you do Hahahaha [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Check other thread [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Everyone seems to love the 24 fret Rhoads. Haha USA series RR's got pwnd.

Comment

Jackson Stars, are celebrities, that play Jacksons.

Comment

What he said.

Comment

Why doesn't one of the mods make a sticky explaining Jackson Stars? Aren't we up to one post a week on this?

Comment

Yeah really man [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

I nominate either Newc or Quantum Rider

Comment

Thanks for the nomination.

If a moderator sends me a PM expressing desire for a sticky with good info, I will do a little more research to make sure I have the facts straight on the Kyowa Shokai - Chusin Gakki transition, then post it.
                              Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

Working...
                              X