Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: when guitar world was good........

[ QUOTE ]
    Marty's hair cracks me up. At the time of that picture he could have taken a direct hit from a nuclear warhead and his hair would've still looked exactly the same.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Yeah its pretty rediculous in that picture.

Comment

man i have every issue of gw, gs, g1 and GFTPM from probably 89 on. it was better in those days. the grundge years were pretty ugly.

Comment

I have tons of those books, and threw away a half-ton from the 90s featuring 90's Grunge and other crap bands I didn't care about.

Still got the good ones, though, and all the posters.
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

The recent issue was very good, IMO. I think that if you have a subscription and want different artists featured, write in. If enough people want certain artists, they'll cover them.

I dunno... I just remember the 90's, which were so horrible with all the jackass-y Pearl Jam articles. I had GW and GFTPM... maybe another. Can't remember.

Great scan, btw! I'm jealous. My scanner sucks.

Comment

Looking back those Grunge bands were not all that bad compared to the new crap out now. Why do you think they transcride the same old crap no one wants to learn the new crap.

To tell the truth I am getting more into grunge and its not so bad at least it had meaning unlike this new crap.

Comment

alice in chains were actually a fairly decent ,metal band i think jerry cantrell is cool

Comment

GFTPM was the best. I still have years worth of them sitting in the basement of my parents house (well, some have actually been resurrected for use more recently [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Always good transcriptions and pretty much on for those of us who are tone deaf and suk!
                "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

alice in chains fuckin rules. i dont know why they often get lumped into the early 90's grunge category. they were most certainly metal most times \m/

Comment

Alice in Chains and Soundgarden rule, I never cared for Pearl Jam.

Comment

Curious what Vai's 10 hour work-out is. Anyone?
                      The only solution to GAS is DEATH...

Comment

i still can't get into the grundge stuff. i was 18 when that stuff hit. i do love alice in chains but the rest was just complete shit. Pearl jam was the biggest hendrix rip off and i'm not a hendrix fan.

Comment

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/...orkout_tab.htm
                          http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

I remember, but how many times was free bird transcribed? I seem to remember many.
                            Remember, Wherever you go,.. there you are

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              I remember, but how many times was free bird transcribed? I seem to remember many.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha, I read a list of fun things to do that are annoying and one of them was to sing Free Bird karaoke drunk regardless of what song is playing. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I think I gotta try that some time.
                              If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit. Unless you are a table.

Comment

I had all subs to three of the big mags (GW, GP, GFTPM) at one time or another in the pre-grunge era. They all had their value, though I will say that GW was usually the most lightweight of them. GFTPM varied wildly in quality, though, even from day one. And I was onboard that one almost from day one (I think I only missed the first prototype issue with Neil Schon on the cover, IIRC). GP would teach you the most interesting stuff, but you had to be pretty openminded to go from metal to bluegrass to Mark Knopfler all in the same issue. GP has definitely held its quality better than GW.

Comment

Working...
                                X