What's my dream JCF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What\'s my dream JCF

hey...did you guys hear that Fender bought Jackson? I wonder if we can get stratheads now...anyone know?
    shawnlutz.com

Comment

Shawn Ron

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

But you know nowadays
        It's the old man,
        He's got all the money
        And a young man ain't got nothin' in the world these days.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

Shawn Ron

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol...that looks more like Ed Roman than me [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          shawnlutz.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Here's my take (and opinion) on that. I view the JCF as a party/convention going on in (Kevin, Todd, Jeremy, Sully, and Ralph's) house. There are lot of conversations going on in the different rooms, nice posters and pics on the walls. When we invite new members, they should be polite and introduce themselves, adding to the convos and sharing what knowledge they have. If a new member, however, busts in the door and the first thing out of his mouth is "Buy my guitar!" that would be considered extremely rude, and several members will yell "hey didn't you see the big banner over the entrance, ya numbnuts?" [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] So it's all a matter of etiquette IMO. [img]/images/graemlins/band.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

+100000! Great analogy. But calling a self-absorbed, newbie "numbnuts" is still a favorite pasttime. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

great analogy, Ron. But how come I'm never invited to these scrapbook parties? Are there many scrapbookers (apart from Ron) on the JCF?
              Hail yesterday

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                Ooooooh, I do have a great ass, don't I?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't wanna sound like a queer or nothin', but I think Depeche Mode is a sweet band!
                Hail yesterday

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  <font color="yellow">The JCF is a huge internet board, and I'm sure that the Admins have their hands full.</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry. JCF isn't HUGE, it's not even really LARGE or even somewhat large-ish or very high profile. Calling the JCF a medium sized board is even a stretch.

Open the doors up, allow JCF to be open to search engines and the general public, and in a year or two it would definitely be a larger place, but it'll never really break out of the world of small without a lot of changes.

This is a small, private comminity, and that's why it's so nice.
                  The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    [ QUOTE ]
                    <font color="yellow">The JCF is a huge internet board, and I'm sure that the Admins have their hands full.</font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry. JCF isn't HUGE, it's not even really LARGE or even somewhat large-ish or very high profile. Calling the JCF a medium sized board is even a stretch.

Open the doors up, allow JCF to be open to search engines and the general public, and in a year or two it would definitely be a larger place, but it'll never really break out of the world of small without a lot of changes.

This is a small, private comminity, and that's why it's so nice.

[/ QUOTE ]

We avg 10 new reg everyday as it is .. and yes it is listed in the search engines
                    Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

• Re: What\'s my dream JCF

[ QUOTE ]
                      , i kinda like it when a new member starts up a thread like dream guitars. sure, there's tons of them, and yeah, one could search... but that particular instance isn't all too offensive.

[/ QUOTE ]

not to mention there might be a ton of new members that actually have dream guitar to discuss that haven't been discussed before
                      Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Ah, good point
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          [ QUOTE ]
                          For my own knowledge, somebody please explain to me how redundant posts hurt, since these are the posts the most likely come from noobs, who we actually need in order to pass the torch to keep JCF and Jackson guitars in general, alive and relevant? I mean, it's FUN making posts.

[/ QUOTE ]

If a new member, however, busts in the door and the first thing out of his mouth is "Buy my guitar!" that would be considered extremely rude.

Or, say, the guy actually brings his axe to the party and immediately asks "What exact model do I have; how much is it worth?" - thrusting it in our face.

So, now let's say at this party most members know alot about something, say Dave Mustaine's guitars, and there is also a huge scrapbook in the room (archives, search function). The newcomer, rather than circulating, checking out the pics on the wall, listening, perusing the scrapbooks (clicking on threads from yesterday, last week, etc) just busts on in,

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand all that; however to say it's "busting in" is kind of incriminating from the start. A noob should be able to arrive and ask a simple question about the model and value of their ax w/o having to accumulate 100 worthless posts to ask the question. they can just get it over with, then quietly leave if they have nothing to add here, and 99% of the people here will never notice.

Also, a noob shouldn't get ridiculed for wanting a straight simple answer on anything, regardless of the search feature.

Not everybody with dial-up has the time to read 200 posts on Dave Mustaine (with 190 of them being worthless cracks on him instead of answering the thread's original question), especially since the search function has its difficulties (for noobs especially) to begin with.

There are FAR more worthless one-liner joke posts from established members here that wreak havoc on searching than there are beat-horse, but serious, questions from noobs. They are funny and I enjoy them, and occasionally do one myself.... but i'm just making a point. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                          www.WarCurse.com

Comment

We have had problems with noob looking for a value that is basically fishing for a sale ..so while you have a point there is also a counter point

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              We have had problems with noob looking for a value that is basically fishing for a sale ..so while you have a point there is also a counter point

[/ QUOTE ]

In the end, is that really a big deal? I know I've done that with other things. Say you have a Widget. You don't use it so you want to unload the Widget. You can't tell what model your Widget is so you can't really guage the resale value. You stumble upon a Widget message board and ask which model it is and how much it might be worth. Armed with that info you leave the Widget board and toss it up on Ebay. All the Widget heads will bid accordingly on Ebay. Life is good.

I personally don't see the big deal.

The JCF is the only message board I frequent that has any prerequisites on being able to participate in the classifieds.

I have never heard of any member getting screwed by a noob that listed something in the classifieds. On the other hand, I have heard of people getting screwed by long-time members and past forum sponsors.
                              I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                                In the end, is that really a big deal?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes it is otherwise we wouldn't have a closed classifieds policy

Comment

Working...
                                X