What's my dream JCF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's my dream JCF

My dream JCF is a board that new members actually read the rules before they hit the accept button. Where they do searches before asking redundant questions and understand that our rules are there for a reason .. Where people don't come here ignore the rules and post shit for sale and then plead stupidity because they ...didn't read a rule that they feel is dumb..

It's a board that even when a newbie asks a redundundant or dumb question the members try and give him and answer and help steer them in a direction to where the board flows without distraction..

It's a board where there is no gay internet fighting and post artificial accelaration. A board where an opinion is valid and not as dumb as the last opinion because of differences..

A board where people can come and feel comfortable without being ridiculed over differences. A board where a thread gets deleted and does not get restarted to prove a point..

A board that understands that being an admin isn't always a fun thing because of some of the shit that goes on.

A board where racial tolerance,religous beliefs,sexual or gender orientation, and even politics can be discussed freely without fear of ridicule or a backlash of arrogance..

A board that is simply.. a fun place to be
    Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Re: What\'s my dream JCF

That was beautiful. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

For the post acceleration, maybe do this. Instead of it being posts, make it a time limit, AND post count. Someone else also mentioned like a questionaire, that you have to fill out.

I think maybe all three of them implemented (if you can do this) may make it less of a headache for you.

I wouldn't want your jobs, it would be a pain, and I think we all thank you for what you do.

Comment

There's good and bad that go with our jobs .. we do enjoy it .. there are days like anyone has though where it really gets stressfull ...
        Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

a JCF where no one still has a mullet

Comment

I'd like one where threads don't get deleted for no apparent reason.
            I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

In all fairness - i haven't seen anything particularly wrong with JCF lately ... i haven't really seen any fighting or complete retardedness...

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                In all fairness - i haven't seen anything particularly wrong with JCF lately ... i haven't really seen any fighting or complete retardedness...

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="aqua">define lately.... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

</font>
                Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  There's good and bad that go with our jobs .. we do enjoy it .. there are days like anyone has though where it really gets stressfull ...

[/ QUOTE ]
                  I'm probably a member that someone wants to punch right in the face :P

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

+1,000,000
                    And how!!!!!
                    " I do not pay women for sex. I pay for them to leave after the sex ". -Wise words of Charlie Sheen

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
                      I'm probably a member that someone wants to punch right in the face :P

[/ QUOTE ]

um... YEAH!

j/k.

I think this place is probably one of the top 3 civil boards on the net when it comes to everyone getting along.

It's not perfect but it is 2nd to no other board.... My opinion of course.... [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Comment

I dream of a search feature that doesn't suck. Where it doesn't need to be reloaded and then give me the "you searched too recently" error every time I hit back to leave a thread and go back to the results. Where I don't get 500 random unrelated results. Where each thread only shows up once and not once for every single reply.

Man I was having an aweful time with this last night.

But there are a lot less jerks and morons here than on HC.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You make an assumption it is for no apparent reason .. there's always a reason ..BTW they don't get deleted..they are in s holding area ..

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You make an assumption it is for no apparent reason .. there's always a reason ..BTW they don't get deleted..they are in s holding area ..

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't say there wasn't a reason. I just said it was not apparent. The reason is clearly known to whoever deleted it.
                            I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              I dream of a search feature that doesn't suck. Where it doesn't need to be reloaded and then give me the "you searched too recently" error every time I hit back to leave a thread and go back to the results. Where I don't get 500 random unrelated results. Where each thread only shows up once and not once for every single reply.

Man I was having an aweful time with this last night.

But there are a lot less jerks and morons here than on HC.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, what is the deal with the search, I cannot get the damned thing to work correctly for me.

As for the board being civil, we have our moments, but for the most part, I'd say this is one of the best forums on the net. Considering I'm only a member of 3, one is for a tv show, then this one, and one about the local music scene, this is bar far, the one I vist the most.

Comment

Working...
                              X