Active Mid-boost same as EQ pedal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Active Mid-boost same as EQ pedal?

Hi. I used to have a Charvel model 4 and i loved the sound. I'm building a copy now and I'm buying the Jackson pickups on ebay. I was wondering though...I have no idea how to install the midboost which is coming with the pickups. If I install them without the mid-boost, can I just use an EQ pedal or amo EQ to get the same tone?

Re: Active Mid-boost same as EQ pedal?

Its not the same,,the pickups have not much power on there own,,I used to have the schematic I found it on the internet,, I think the booster is callled the j-12 boost circut if I find it I will email it to you,,its out there but youll have to look hard,,but ill keep looking for the schematic

Comment

I bet some one here has it

Comment

to some extent it is the same - placing an active EQ circut between pups and amp - but there's one siginificant difference. Mid-boost circut is a parametric EQ while EQ pedal is graphic. Parametric one-band EQ provides tons less phase shifts than graphic multiband EQ. In other words mid-boost feature hurts your guitar tone and particullary attack less, than pedal.
        Because I don't say it
        Doesn't mean I ain't thinking it

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          Parametric one-band EQ provides tons less phase shifts than graphic multiband EQ. In other words mid-boost feature hurts your guitar tone and particullary attack less, than pedal.

[/ QUOTE ] so what about cranking the mids on my amp's 3 band...or is that like the pedal?
          [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

you will find the shematics for the JE1200 midboost in the users manual or in the tech Q&A forum. just follow this
            link.
            tremstick give-away (performer series trem)

Comment

I bought my Charvel USED and I can't be 100% sure it was a model 4. This is what i know: 3 mini switches + 3 knobs, 2 singles (j-200)and 1 humbucker, FortWorth TX plate, 22 frets, creme w/ black headstock, dot inlays, kahler trem. Sound like a model 4?

Comment

1986 Model 4.

Alvin
                MakeAJazzNoiseHere: You kidding me? I'd suck her fartbox dry in a heartbeat. 9/29/2011 quote about Megan Fox

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  [ QUOTE ]
                  Parametric one-band EQ provides tons less phase shifts than graphic multiband EQ. In other words mid-boost feature hurts your guitar tone and particullary attack less, than pedal.

[/ QUOTE ] so what about cranking the mids on my amp's 3 band...or is that like the pedal?
                  [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

There is always a parametric eq pedal, if you can find one these days.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    Its not the same,,the pickups have not much power on there own,,...

[/ QUOTE ]

This only holds true for the J-200 stacked singles IMO, all of the other pickups work great in passive configurations, esp the Humbuckers....

Comment

Working...
                    X