The new and improved LPC Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The new and improved LPC Collection

<font color="red">Fakes....with toothpicks....pre-pro toothpicks!! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]!! </font>

Comment

Awesome collection [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

fyi folks, i had the pleasure of playing every single one of those guitars when sam came over a few weekends ago. them are some freakin' nice guitars.

my favorite is the one known as grimace. that *is* a magic guitar. it is quite remarkable how some guitars seem to feel/sound/play better than another for no super obvious reason. sam's grimace is a fine example of this. he's got a red pointy that is very similar in terms of materials, pickups, and vintage. It too is an excellent guitar as well. however, after playing both a good bit it was obvious to me that the grimace is the one that really had the mojo for me.

that strathead charvel is way too cool. he took it to a local guy here for some fret work. we jammed on it straight from the shop and that thing was just sick. sick i tell you. easily one of the nicest guitars i've had in my hands.

that elite strat was quite a surprise to me actually. the neck is fantastic. it is a soft V, almost identical to my Buddy Guy signature Strat. The tone was all strat. I don't really remember playing one of those elite's much so i wasn't sure what to expect tone-wise. it sounds great - i love the quack positions on that one.

sam's lpc was everything an lpc should be (except for the EMG's [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]) it has substantial girth of course. the tone was thick as you would expect. sam has the action on that thing ridiculously low with no buzzing. played like buttah. pretty damn cool. between playing sam's lpc and a frehley lpc the other day i'm getting a gas attack for an lpc now.

that steinberger was cool. much better than the gibson era teflon cutting board i used to have. i wouldn't mind scoring one of the old steinbergers again (i also had one of the old passive electronic steinbergers in the 80's).

the solar was fantastic. beautiful top, great freakin' neck, great tone. very cool example of what the folks at J/C can produce - last i heard, there were still a couple for sale - highly recommended.

sams restoration jackson was also a great guitar and he did a nice job putting humpty dumpty back together again. it looks and feels like a well loved 20+ year old guitar. the mojo was present and accounted for [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

i think sam would have loved to take some allen wrenches to my guitars because i leave quite a few of them with action much higher than his 1mm standard [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

<font color="yellow">Thanks Tim.....it's always cool when you let somebody else play your guitars and get their impressions of them.

Grimace is a bad mo-fo...no doubt about it [img]/images/graemlins/refuse.gif[/img]

I love all my guitars....they all play and sound good.

The Strathead is special...just has "it"....great neck.

The Elite is very cool...love it...

The LPC is my oldest and probably most cherished....terrific!! </font>

Comment

Thread resurrection - back off you fokkers, the white Dinky is mine! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
            My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

Working...
            X