Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I feel like im abandoning my first born......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I feel like im abandoning my first born......

or something like that. Im dropping my fav. guitar off tom to have the frets dressed/leveled and set up. I haven't even dropped it off yet and im freakin hating it already. I guess i just get really nervous about putting something i really like in someone elses hands especially for more thena day.
    What time frame should i expect for it to be completed, what experience have you guys had with this. It is a reputable shop and i actually have a "connection" there so im not really worried, but i still am (if you know what i mean). Help me out guys i need support or something.
    BTW. heres a pick of the guitar.

Thanks guys, you rock [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Re: I feel like im abandoning my first born......

I know how you feel man. It took a week for me to get EMG's put into my Soloist and 10 days for my RR1. The RR period was worse because I really wanted to try it out. Now I almost wanna get something in trans blue, it was a toss up between trans blue and cobalt blue when I bought my Soloist.
    If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit. Unless you are a table.

Comment

As long as it's being done by a reputable repair tech, anything to better your guitars performance is worth it. Sometimes, a level and dress on a neck can make it feel like the perfect beast. If the guy is good, you'll kick yourself in the butt for not doing it sooner. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      The Buzzard does not fear
      The man in riot gear
      Harvest a skull of stone
      The Buzzard grows his own...

Comment

Wow! Cabo looks real good.

Edit: Well i tought it was a soloist, but it does look like Cabo. Otherwise, nice trans blue finish!

Comment

yes I know the feeling, I put my Les Paul into the shop weeks before Christmas, and its still not done....... I don't think they even started. And I feel like a dick if I want to take it back because I know the guy pretty well.

Comment

Well i just dropped it off [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]. the guitar tech said it didn't look like the frets needed to be dressed. And that it looked as though the neck needed to be straighted a bit. I thought it would need more relief if anything. It seems to be buzzing almost everywhere when i pick any other way then very lightly, and the action seemed to be to high towards the bridge. Well anyway hopefully he will be able to set it up and make it play like butter. [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks to Matt (Matts Music) I now have an excellent tech. It does suck leaving an axe somewhere for a period, but if it's a good shop, good tech, relax. Seems like I have a rotation of axes in and out of his shop now. Set ups, pup installs, etc. Every time I pick one up I drop one off!
              Hear the universe scream
              Bleeding from black holes
              Whom horns careless
              And whom God mourns

Comment

a week? 10 days? installing EMG's properly takes maybe an hour...

Comment

Hrm.... I can honestly say I know the feeling. I sent my RR to have it refinished and I couldnt stop bugging Sully long enough for him to get anything done. I missed it from the day it went into the case till the day it came home.

Ron, spellcheck please.... Absence makes the heart grow fonder. WHen you get it back you will lo ve it even more than you do now.

D.

Comment

I do all of my tech work, I feel a lot "safer" that way.

When guitar stores tell me "yeah, the tech "insert name here" will take a look, and set it up for your tuning" I always tell them that I will do it.

Comment

I always prefer to do my own work to, but this is something i just did not want to mess with, maybe on one of my other guitars. I was just afraid i would make things worse if I messed with it.

Comment

Yea I trust my local tech, I dunno the extent of what all he can do but he did a heck of a job on the custom switching for my jackson and that wasn't a simple coil split. I can probably do some of this stuff myself without to much danger but I prefer to let the experts do it.

Comment

Like most people here I too do my own work. Wiring is very easy and you could learn how quickly. Fret work requires more experience and the proper tools. There is a ton of info out there if you ever want to do your own pickup swaps.
                          Charvel 7308 (TMZ 008), Charvel Pro-mod (yellow), Jackson Soloist Custom (Yellow), Jackson SL2H-V Natural, Gibson LPS DB, Gibson LPS EB, Gibson LPCC C, Charvel Model 2 (scalloped), Jackson DK2M (white), Charvel Journeyman, Fender Classic Player 60's strat, Carvin C66, Musikraft strat mutt, Warmoth Strat mutt, Fender MIM Jazz bass, Epiphone Classical, Takamine parlor. Marshall 2203, Marshall JVM 210H, Splawn Nitro, Fender Supersonic 22, Line 6 AX2 212, Marshall 4X12.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            a week? 10 days? installing EMG's properly takes maybe an hour...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I know. There isn't really anywhere around here that's not a small or medium size shop so there was a long ass wait. Tried doing it myself, but I never installed EMG's before and it didn't work out.
                            If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit. Unless you are a table.

Comment

Working...
                            X