great white band/night club fire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• great white band/night club fire

i'm watching this on t.v live....the "station" night club in warwick rhode island had the band Great White live tonight...according to lead singer Jack Russell a pyrotecnic went off for their first song and the flash hit the ceiling of the club and caught fire as people are panicing to flee the flames the building is still burning they spoke live with jack russell 1 of his guitar players was burnt pretty badly and another member of the band is missing (he thinks he may be at a local hospital) i will give more details as i get them in... may god be with the injured

big daddy wombat :-}

Re: great white band/night club fire

o.k as more comes in i'll try to keep up...jack russell said that the manager of the club said it was o.k to use the pyro for the show...the pyro went off and there was alot of smoke as jack said he felt heat and turned around towards the drummer and the wall went up in flames and then went across the ceiling...jack said there was some type of "foam" maybe like a sound proofing that just lit up quick lots of smoke and someone pulled him off stage and out the door.....

there have been approximately 40 to 45 people taken to kent county hospital in warwick....50 + went to rhode island hospital...lots of burns on people cuts from broken glass (windows) smoke inhalation etc.

there is no report of any casualites yet but the fire is still having water poured on it to get the "hot-spots"....

new video footage keeps coming in and it's surreal i've been to this club dozens of times to see everything from local bands that play covers and bands that play original music and big named bands i've seen there have been Dokken, Testament, Quiet Riot, Lynch Mob, ect..

i'll add as i get more

big daddy wombat :-}

Comment

so was the foam some kind of fire hazard? Will the club be held liable for negligence?
      Hail yesterday

Comment

We should all pray for the injured and hope there are no fatalities.

Soundproofing foam and ceiling panels (Celetex type) are flammable, which the club manager AND Great White's pyro guys
        should've both known. I's hard to blame the other guy when you yourself should know if the circumstances are safe or not.

I hope everyone comes out of it okay.

Rich
        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

o.k as more comes in it's getting harder to keep up i've got this on 3 sites (here, the esp board and the steel dreams board) and all the typing may be getting messy so bear with me.

some new parts...Jack Russell was on almost in tears saying "i won't be able to handle it if anyone is killed"

here's what i know now

300 to 400 in attendance at the show
          3 to 5 people have been transfered to Shriners burn institute in boston ma. (med-flight i believe) there are ambulances here from as far away as foxboro ma and notrh stonington ct...

sshhhhiiiitttttttt !!!!!!!!!!!!!

i just heard they found 10 to 20 fatalities by the front door of the club and possibly more inside..the building is completely destroyed it's leveled to the ground except for a section near the front and a part near another exit they are still pouring water on various hot-spots and they think more fatalities are still under all the rubble

i'll be back

Comment

Read this part.

"Paul Vanner, the club's sound technician and stage manager, said one person from the band was missing"

It is Mark Kendall, the lead guitarist of the band.

Comment

OMG

Comment

Sad real Sad [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

WPRI tv 12 in rhode island had a reporter onsite at the "Station" he was filming live as this happened i've watched it a few times and it's shocking...the pyro went off and lit some sound-proofing along the wall it went up to the ceiling and as the camera is running people are just standing there looking at the flames and NOT MOVING they must have thought it was part of the show even the band members in the video (the bass player and the other guitar player) are staring at the wall and still playing the song..the band scrambles off stage and then people start yelling and pointing towards the doors...camera still running the reporter heads out the door and turns in the driveway back towards the door he just came out and the smoke and flames were right behind him...all in all from the video from the start of the pyro to the building fully engulfed is about 2 minutes

i'll add more as i get it

big daddy wombat

Comment

Hey guys. I live in Warwick about 5 minutes from the Station. So far it looks like 10 to 20 killed and about 150 injured. One of the guitarists from Great White and "The Doctor", a local DJ for 94 HJY are among the missing. May God help the injured and the families of the deceased.

Comment

This sucks

Hopefully the missing member of the band is just at a local hospital and not dead

Comment

OMG This is just awfull.....

I can't believe it...

A black day for everyone...

Comment

there are pictures on cnn.com you can see the flames behind the band going up the walls over Mark Kendall's left shoulder

big daddy wombat

Comment

Wow... that's way sad. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
                            The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

fox news on cable is showing the live video from inside the club as the fire starts

big daddy wombat

Comment

Working...
                              X