great white band/night club fire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: great white band/night club fire

That place looks like it's (and I'm guessing) 150-250 fire code capacity..it looks similar to Fine Line in size.

Thats almost all the poeple in the club having been injured..it's terrible.

Those flashpots look really close to the back wall too, I wonder if it ignited a backdrop, something provided quick fuel for that to happen.

Comment

it was soundproofing foam...the club has a capacity of 300
      Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

My condolences to all the victims and their families at this club, and the club in Chicago. These are horrific events that the US are experiencing lately. A sad, sad week.

Sean.

Comment

The missing guitar player IS NOT Mark Kendall - it's Ty Longly - he was the 2nd player, presumably taking Michael Lardie's old spot.

Vere, very sad circumstances. Three clubs with disasters in a short time. The Fine Line here in Mpls, the club in Chicago, and now this one. I hope it's all over now. My prayers go out to the victims and their families and friends. What a horrible twist on what should otherwise be a fun evening. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

[ February 21, 2003, 11:10 AM: Message edited by: chris_olson ]

Comment

D'OH!! Double post...

[ February 21, 2003, 11:09 AM: Message edited by: chris_olson ]

Comment

. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

Oh, this is absolutely horrible! [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Really puts things in perspective. We've all got our "appointed hour," but this is so appallingly stupid and senseless, I can't find words for it.

Comment

Yeah, it's tragic.

I used to live just North of there off Rt two. As far as club size, it is fairly small, like wombat said. I've been there several times over the years.

I lived in West Warwick for 10 years, you always seem to run into someone you know wherever you go.

I'm hoping no one I knew was there.

My thoughts and prayers go out to the people and families involved.

DRH

Comment

the building had recently passed it's fire inspection...there were fire extinguishers in the building but the fire moved so fast there was no way the fire extinguishers would have helped...yes the building was old, but it wasn't run down the club was in good shape..watch the video from inside the building to the outside, it took about 3 minutes to engulf the place the extinguishers would have helped if they were nearer to the stage but the fire moved to quickly

big daddy wombat

Comment

Fire inspections dont mean much when they just take a peek around. Lets just say I work in a VERY high risk room with a ton of electronic equipment. The fire marshall simply steps in the door looks around, smiles and says. "Any thing new in here I need to know about'? I say "No", and he is gone.
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

death toll now at 86

big daddy wombat

Comment

This is a very sad situation. And it is looking more and more like the bands fault. According to the owner of the Stone Pony in Asbury Park in Jersey they did the same thing there on Friday of last week. They didn't ask anyone and did the sparklers anyhow. And word has it they are investigating a show they did in Maine on Tuesday that would have required a permit to use the sparklers. None was issued and initial rumor has it they still used them. My condolences for the folks that are victims of the fire.
                          We must!
                          We must!
                          We must increase the bust!
                          The bigger the better!
                          The tighter the sweater!
                          The boys are counting on us!

Comment

came down with a stomach bug and didn't get up til 1:30 today to find this out...i'm speechless...d.m.
                            http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

[img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] This sucks really bad. Smoke on the Water all over again. Except this time, no Funky Claude running in and out to pull them out of the ground, it was too late. The first time I saw Great White was the summer of 1986 and Mark Kendall just ripped it up. To think any of them or their fans might be gone is a true tragedy. Rockers all over the world have been hit hard by this. May God be with all whom have suffered in this horrible tragedy.
                              "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                              Gotta get away from here.
                              Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                              Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

I just found out that a long time family friend is among the missing. I can only hope that he is one of the many being treated at the local area hospitals and that the worst hasn't happened. Scott is a great guy, a good bass player, and an amazing totoo artist. Right now my thoughts and prayers are with his family.

Comment

Working...
                                X