great white band/night club fire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: great white band/night club fire

I think it's excellent that everyone speaks their minds here. I truly beleive it does everyone good to participate in times like these.
    My sympathies go out to all....... [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
    Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

I hope your friend turns up Joe. What a horrible trajedy for your community. I only hope the best for you and the others in your community. This touches everyone and you are definately not alone.

leon

Comment

http://www.metal-sludge.com/GWGeorgeEmail.htm
        May God help them all.
        www.kiddhavok.com
        www.youtube.com/kiddhavokband

Comment

All I keep reading from the club owners is "Its all their fault." They seem to have their lawyers making comments how they arent at fault, and seem to be hiding behind them. I read that Jack Russell was there all night and in the morning, and was searching for answers. Since Great White dont set up their own PA, or have an electrician on tour with them anymore, who do you think set up all the pyros? It was already set up before the band arrived. Did the stage technitions and club electrition think they were plugging in an expresso machine? You cant tell me this was the first concert there. These guys set up bands night after night, and know exactly what they are plugging in and setting up. Once again, I think the club was a greedy dump that took in the fans money and had no regard for their safety. Oh well, I guess they have enough money to pay for those lawyers they were fast to call and that insurance money will come in handy to ensure that they build another shack out of tar paper, wood and tin, so that they can do it all again......I dont know what the standards are in the US, but that building would have been condemned up here long before they decided to put 300 people in it..........."We didnt know they were going to use pyros." Yeah right, then why the hell did you set them up?.........

Comment

This day just keeps getting sadder. I first heard the news this morning on BBC Radio 4, here in the UK at around 7:00am GMT. At that time, the estimates for fatalities stood at between 10 and 15, according to BBC reports. I have just viewed the BBC 10 o'clock news (pm GMT), and the figure now stands at 95...

A sorry, sorry day...

Sean.

Comment

My prayers go out to the families of those who died and were injured, and to those who had to witness this tragic event. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

Man, this is horrible, horrible news to wake up to. I can't beleive so many people who went to a show to have a good time are gone, with many more injured. This is a sad day indeed. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

My words cannot express the upset feeling I have right now. I'm stunned.

Comment

Pretty Sad, I feel wierder because these guys are originally from here local in Southern California...its kinda like an unreal nightmare. Watching Jack on MSNBC is heart wrenching!

In fact for those of you who remember, they did some Endorsee stuff with BC RICH and Lee Garver and Neil Moser would paint thier guitars.

[ February 21, 2003, 06:04 PM: Message edited by: 1979Charvel ]

Comment

1 thing I don't understand about the band is I thought they already stopped playing.
                      From the interview of Jack I read couple months ago,Jack quit the band and had a last show in Anaheim which is the last Live CD they put out.

Then I started hearing they will be the opener for Whitesnake Europe tour 2003 and then, I just found out they have been touring U.S. and this BAD news.

I also don't understand is the small club like that and the band using pyros for only 300-400 people??
                      That is scary.

What will W.A.S.P to do with thier pyros now???

Comment

Originally posted by dinkyjacksonman:

What will W.A.S.P to do with thier pyros now???[/QB]
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Well, Blackie is/was a licensed Pyrotech
                        in California, so hopefully he'd know when to use 'em and when not to. I doubt
                        they'll be completely outlawed, because if existing laws had been enforced the fire marshall would've nixed this particular setup anyway. Maybe the clubs
                        will have to start having a fire marshall
                        present any night a show's scheduled, to
                        enforce proper pyro, or no pyro, as the case may be.
                        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

As I watch more and more of these horrific scenes
                          I am just grief stricken with pain and sadness
                          It is a real tragedy. My heart goes to the love ones who has lost family members and friends.

Comment

[img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] God bless.

Comment

I can't believe this... [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

This is a horrible tradegy.How long do you think before the media blames it on " Heavy Metal"? My heart goes out to the victims and their families. God Bless and Godspeed............
                                Straightjacket Memories.Sedative Highs...........

Comment

Working...
                                X