Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: great white band/night club fire

God be with them.
    It's just tragic, I hope the singers quotes were just snipets and somewhat edited. I find it a little vapid to just say "place went up like the 4th of July" when people, fans and those close to you are left out in mentioning of their possible deaths. That is truely tragic those people died..how surreal it must've been that it was happening

[ February 21, 2003, 03:54 AM: Message edited by: charvelguy ]

Comment

How Sad. I was just going to bed now I can't sleep. I just hate things like this, trajedy and death really suck.

What sucks about the information age is that you get to hear all the most horrific stuff from around the globe constantly. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

There's already the discrepancy between
        Jack Russell saying the club okay'ed using the pyro, and the stage manager of
        the club says no one told him...

Sounds like the CYA efforts began almost
        instantly.

Wombie, did the bands you saw there use pyro effects? Testament, Lynch Mob, Dokken? If they did, then it'd seem the
        club management would know bands tend to use the stuff.

Whatever the cause, the whole thing is senseless. People who went out to enjoy
        a rock show are dead because somebody f**cked up, some way.
        Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

We just had a club here in the cities (the Fine Line) burn due to the same cause.. pyro, in the last week. National acts have played this place before for years and it has a high ceiling..at least 20ft over the stage...but the said something ignited from the ceiling. Thankfully nobody died and the club isnt a total loss.

[ February 21, 2003, 04:34 AM: Message edited by: charvelguy ]

Comment

everytime i've been at this club i've never seen pyro's like these i saw the occasional flash type (small flash out of some thing the size of a coffee can) they have been used in the past but nothing like what was shown on tv it was small stuff..those of you who've never been there the club is small it was a resturaunt a while back (if i remember correctly) and the ceiling is low can't be more than 8 to 10 feet high in certain areas there were 3 pool tables over on the right near the front windows 2 bar areas and a kitchen area in the back and a "backstage room" for the band to change or hang out waiting to play their set. the walls had autographs on them from bands that had played there....there were also guitar bodies broken and autographed attached to the walls...autographed pictures this was a cool place to see a show...they had live shows 3 to 4 times a week.

the tv's keep showing an old picture of the group that has Tony Levin (bass) and Bob Kulick (guitar) but that wasn't the line up for tonight's show

joe...where do you live in warwick ??? send me a private message if you don't want to post it i live about 5 minutes from the "station" also

sorry for jumping around with thoughts i'm trying to type stuff out before i forget it the brain can only hold so much info without sleep...when this started at around 11:30 and i strated possting i had to stop typing to write down notes as i heard them on tv....this was breaking news so while i'm typing more info was coming in and here i am trying to share any info i'm getting now that everyone has caught up and the news is all over it i can slow down. the club was co-owned by a reporter named Jeff Derderian

this is tragic

big daddy wombat

Comment

wow...I don't know what to say. It's like my brain has shut down since I saw the footage on the news tonight. And the extra information in this thread has stopped me cold.

Everyone here knows what it's like to head to see a favourite band play live. The last thing you would ever expect to happen on a good night out just did. I feel for anyone that turned up at the show with someone and went home tonight alone. For anyone waiting for loved ones in the audience, band or crew to come home, the wait to hear if they are okay must be devastating. The optimist in me wishes that as many of the unaccounted-for people are just being treated somewhere and will shortly be returned to their homes
              Hail yesterday

Comment

Real Bad news.... God Bless.. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

Looks like the death toll is rising. Lets all pray for the missing.

BB

Comment

Guitarist Ty Longley is being reported missing.
                    This electric phase ain't no teenage craze -UFO

Comment

As of right now, 5:22am PST, the death toll is officially at 39, and it's expected to rise as a crane is brought in to dig out some of the rubble from the club. Firefighters expect to find more bodies buried within that rubble...

...the guitarist from Great White who is missing isn't Mark Kendall, I believe his first name is Ty.

Absolutely horrific way to perish...very sad story.

Comment

There is detailed coverage of the story on CNN.com

http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/Northeast...ire/index.html

Comment

This morning I was happy with the news about Queensryche, and then this happens...
                          Bloody horrific!

Comment

this really sucks man, my heart goes out to everyone who is affected by this. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

Death toll is at 60 now... 164 injured with 19 who are critical that may die within days...

This is so unbelieveably tragic...

Comment

Very Sad. That fire spread quick. It also showed people wedged in the doorway.

Matt

Comment

Working...
                                X