Xtreme Rhoads?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xtreme Rhoads?

What is it? I was filling in a custom shop quote on the Jackson website and one of the body options was "Xtreme Rhoads".
    If you're flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a fire exit. Unless you are a table.

Re: Xtreme Rhoads?

http://www.jcfonline.com/ubbthreads/search.php?Cat=0

put in XTRR
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

The Xtreme Rhoads (XTRR), originally known as the Dinky Rhoads when Dan Spitz of Anthrax first had them made in the '80s (though, his had a regular headstock). It's essentially a smaller Rhoads, 7/8" the size, reverse sharkfins, reverse headstock, one volume control and three-way toggle, Floyd, Duncan Invader and Full Shred pups. Use the search function to find pics and more info on here.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

did they ever make a larger rhoads?

Comment

Well, the longer wing of a Rhoads is longer than the modern King V wings... and the original King V size was considered a Double Rhoads (both wings the same size as the long Rhoads wing). But, no, I don't believe they ever made an actual larger size Rhoads, that I'm aware.

Comment

Yep, the XTRR came out of Danny Spitz' guitars (i.e. a rearloaded, downsized Rhoads) but the body proportions are different (the downsizing is significantly more apparent on the upper wing).

Interestingly, the 'standard' Jackson XTRR shape is not the same as Danny's guitars - Jani has a outline drawing showing the comparison, but apparently, for Danny's guitars, they took a Rhoads, cut the bevels of and rebevelled the edges, and the result has been refined for the production guitars......
            Popular is not the same as good
            Rare is not the same as valuable
            Worth is what someone will pay, not what you want to get

Comment

searching XTRR just seems to come up with the three replies above mine...

Comment

http://www.jcfonline.com/ubbthreads/show...true#Post598475

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Yeah, a Double Rhoads. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                  "The BLUES is the tonic for what ails ya."

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    Yep, the XTRR came out of Danny Spitz' guitars (i.e. a rearloaded, downsized Rhoads) but the body proportions are different (the downsizing is significantly more apparent on the upper wing).

Interestingly, the 'standard' Jackson XTRR shape is not the same as Danny's guitars - Jani has a outline drawing showing the comparison, but apparently, for Danny's guitars, they took a Rhoads, cut the bevels of and rebevelled the edges, and the result has been refined for the production guitars......

[/ QUOTE ]
                    Ah, that is interesting. I forgot about Jani's outline drawing, too. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't forget Big Red... [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        [ QUOTE ]
                        [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]Oh hell yeah! Now if only Scott will sell me his! C'mon Stukes! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Haven't I waited long enough?! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                        "The BLUES is the tonic for what ails ya."

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          [ QUOTE ]
                          [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
                          Ehm, Big Red is a Double Rhoads [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                          X