The OFFICIAL Word on the Y2KV and Dave Mustaine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The OFFICIAL Word on the Y2KV and Dave Mustaine

Well i think its a real shame about DM, because he was the main reason that I got my King V in the first place, and is one of my main influences and role models in playing a guitar. He may have some funny ideas and stuff, but in my book he is my hero. [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

However i never understood the Y2KV , because as others have said it does look identical to a Gibson and offers nothing special apart from the Neck Thruness of it and the fact that its made by a company that seems to give a f***. The origional King V's that he used to play are sooooooooo much cooler.

I think its a real big shame and loss for Jackson [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

[ February 21, 2003, 03:46 PM: Message edited by: Jeremy ]

Comment

Dave should take the royalty money and start up his crack habit again! [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] I actually eventually wanted a Y2KV. [img]graemlins/thebirds.gif[/img]
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

You could also look at this way, Let them finish the guitars that where already ordered. That way you don't let those people down, does anyone really think that Fender can do anything to tranish Daves Rep. I think he does that just fine by himself. By the way I do like the music.
        www.kiddhavok.com
        www.youtube.com/kiddhavokband

Comment

Mr. Mustaine declined the payment and demanded we stop production and cancel the orders.
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">And cancel the existing orders, even those being currently built!!! That's a big F-U to his fans and/or people who just plain liked the guitar.

Dave's an accomplished musician, and to be respected for it. He's also quite the self-righteous, hot-headed douchebag. I also respect his political views, but don't agree with them. And that's one of his biggest personality issues: he doesn't respect others' differing views, whether it's about his band, politics, or which way he pisses in the wind.

Never liked him as a person, never will. ...especially his holier-than-though attitude.

Comment

Originally posted by charvel750:
            the original King V was not the "Mustaine" guitar. It was the Robbin Crosby guitar. Back in 1984 when the King himself was thrashing, Mustaine was playing BC Rich and other assorted crap. He didn't even get turned onto Jackson until the mid 90's,
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Uh, no. Mustaine was playing King Vs since '86 or '87 [img]graemlins/fart.gif[/img]
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Are you sure? When I saw them in 86-87, there wasn't a Jackson to be found. [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
              www.kiddhavok.com
              www.youtube.com/kiddhavokband

Comment

I'm pretty sure they started playing Jacksons around the time of SFSGSW.

Comment

Sorry, Racer, you're WRONG. Mustaine was using BC Rich guitars in 86. Just check your "Peace Sells" album notes. BC Rich dude. Even the other guitarist and bassist were Rich players. Read the posts above mine, I'm not the only one who knows the facts. In '86 there was only one King: Robbin.
                  "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
                  Gotta get away from here.
                  Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
                  Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

1987 "So far So good So what"
                    He endorses Jackson guitars and Marshall amps
                    1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

True, dat! And 1987 is AFTER 1986 last time I looked. Not to mention, Robbin was King-ing in 1984, so there! [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

LMAO, he did say 86 or 87. [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by buzzsaww:
                          LMAO, he did say 86 or 87. [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">And 1987 IS BEFORE the mid-90s when you said Mustaine started using Jacksons in an earlier post, Joe, so [img]graemlins/poke.gif[/img] !
                          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Whatever, all you Mustaine-heads! Robbin is the undisputable KING so you can take your little dates and...ummm...yeah!

Comment

There's another side to this story, guys. All we're seeing here is the FMIC corporate line. There's got to be more to it than that. I'm guessing it has something to do with the royalties, whether Fender cut him down because he's "in retirement," or if they're bringing the Jackson endorsements in line with the Fender ones, or whatever. But I also think it's probably over more than just that.

By the time they made the video for Wake Up Dead, Dave was playing Jacksons. He was trying to get endorsed in '87. As to when it became official, I don't know. He PAID for his first Jackson guitars, which Robbin never did. And Dave's KV wasn't the same as Robbin's — it was smaller-bodied and had 24 frets. Nothing against Robbin, I loved his rhythm playing, but Dave's permutation of the KV is a lot closer to the current production model.

Then maybe you'll notice the new ads that still have Marty Friedman in them. [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img] I wonder how long it will take FMIC to put together a new advertisement without Dave in it...

And while I could be wrong, I think those Countdown to Extinction lyrics were written by Nick Menza.
                              please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Comment

mustaine heads LMAO! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

my name is matt and i'm a mustaine-a-holic
                                meedley meedley meedley meedley meedley meeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!
                                Originally posted by charvel750:
                                Whatever, all you Mustaine-heads! Robbin is the undisputable KING so you can take your little dates and...ummm...yeah!
                                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">

[ February 21, 2003, 08:56 PM: Message edited by: buzzsaww ]

Comment

Working...
                                X