The OFFICIAL Word on the Y2KV and Dave Mustaine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The OFFICIAL Word on the Y2KV and Dave Mustaine

While Dave does in fact have many USA Jackson Custom Shop King V's still in his posession-he will be prohibited from using them in live performances should his future plans include or allow him to perform live again.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">This makes no sense. Dave can't use his Jackson's live, only his ESP's. But Kirk Hammett can use his ESPs, a Jackson Rhoads, and a Gibson Les Paul Custom??? [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Guitarzan:
      </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">While Dave does in fact have many USA Jackson Custom Shop King V's still in his posession-he will be prohibited from using them in live performances should his future plans include or allow him to perform live again.
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">This makes no sense. Dave can't use his Jackson's live, only his ESP's. But Kirk Hammett can use his ESPs, a Jackson Rhoads, and a Gibson Les Paul Custom??? [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img] </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Well, who cares what GUITAR Kirk plays?
      His fans should only care what WAH he uses! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[ February 23, 2003, 04:29 PM: Message edited by: lerxstcat ]
      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Yeah, when I was a big Metallica fan (some time since, now), I remember trying to find out what Wah he was using. Apparently it's a custom from some company (can't remember which one it was) that only produces volume pedals for John Doe.
        I have no eyes, fuck-mook!

Comment

All I can say about this is, there are more important things in life to worry about....

Comment

Originally posted by skidd:
            http://www.jacksoncharvelworld.net/Home.html
            Hear the story in Robbin's own words. It's long, but worth the time.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Uh, I'm not finding anything written by
            Robbin, or any reference to him but some
            pics in the Ratt section of "Players".
            I've checked all the menu sections, I think. Any clarifying insructions?
            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

There are some poor-quality audio clips to listen to for his interview. Just click on the news section in that link.

Comment

Well, the "King V" may have been coined that since Robbin became famous for using it, but the original King V/Double Rhoads was made for Dave Linsk of Overkill (no idea what band he was in back then). Robbin was in the Jackson factory, saw Dave's guitar in for some kind of repair work or something, fell in love with it and wanted one. He became known for using them, since Ratt was a pretty popular band at the time.
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I saw them on that tour and he and Chris were both playing B.C. Rich's at the time. Dave had a Rich Bich and 10 String Bich (later used on in My Darkest Hour). I don't remember what Jeff Young played, but it could've been a Jackson - he reminded me alot of George Lynch when I saw him - must've been the Evian in his hair.

Originally posted by Word:
                  I don't remember seeing Dave play a Jackson in the Peace Sells video.. and I've watched it a thousand times... let me go watch it again...
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">
                  \oo/. .\oo/ @ www.jacksonguitars.com

Comment

The video for In My Darkest Hour had Dave playing two Jacksons. The live parts were a black King V with Megadeth logo, and the studio parts were the blue with pink bevels student Rhoads. I believe Jeff played a Performance guitar? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

[ February 23, 2003, 07:06 PM: Message edited by: toejam ]

Comment

Originally posted by Sephiroth:
                      There are some poor-quality audio clips to listen to for his interview. Just click on the news section in that link.
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Doh! Thanks for that, but my damn Webtv
                      wouldn't play 'em! Stupid thing shut itself off! (They do that when they're
                      confused!)

Anybody care to post a synopsis?
                      Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Jeff Young played Tom Anderson strats...

Comment

The white H/S guitar in the IMDH video was not a Tom Anderson. It has a banana headstock, unless Tom made some guitars like that.

Comment

It was a Tom Anderson and it did have a banana headstock. It was his main guitar on that album.

I had always heard that dave recorded In My Darkest Hour with is first black doubleneck V...the one he sold in the Andy Bauer thing. I know on Peace Sells and KIMB he used BC Rich Bich's and that Chris Poland and Junior also used BC Rich's. But SFSGSW Dave and Junior switched over to Jackson.

I also am pretty sure that Kirk's wah is the guts of a Dunlop Crybaby inside an Ernie Ball volume pedal.

Comment

Are you talking about the Decline Of Western Civilization studio footage - or did they make a video for it? I know he played it on a 10 string - although I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't with a BC Rich. I have a bootleg with Kerry King playing with Megadeth and they play In My Darkest Hour as an instrumental.

Originally posted by toejam:
                              The video for In My Darkest Hour had Dave playing two Jacksons. The live parts were a black King V with Megadeth logo, and the studio parts were the blue with pink bevels student Rhoads. I believe Jeff played a Performance guitar? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
                              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">
                              \oo/. .\oo/ @ www.jacksonguitars.com

Comment

Yeah, the Decline of the Western Civilization where they played the IMDH clip. Actually, I have it on the Rusted Pieces home video. That video bounces back and forth with clips of them on stage and in the studio, only with those two Jacksons.

[ February 23, 2003, 08:33 PM: Message edited by: toejam ]

Comment

Working...
                                X