Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The OFFICIAL Word on the Y2KV and Dave Mustaine

Originally posted by charvel750:
    Whatever, all you Mustaine-heads! Robbin is the undisputable KING so you can take your little dates and...ummm...yeah!
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Joe, I don't think anyone was slighting Robbin; we were just responding to the part of your post where you said Mustaine
    wasn't turned onto Jacksons until the mid-90s. It was the late 80s, not the mid-90s, that, I believe, was the point of the dating dispute posts.

Peace and Harmony Leads!

Rich
    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Wow so no more Y2KVs? Man I just got mine like 2 weeks ago. Could mine be like one of the last ones? And I didnt buy the guitar to be like Dave I bought it cuz I like the shape and it plays awesome. I could have gotten a king v but I didnt want one I wanted a flying V original style. Man that would be crazy if mine was like the last one made or one of the last ones. I think Im cursed because every electric Ive ever bought was either discontinued or became discontinued. Ive had 2 old LTD explorers, early 90s rhoads pro, the KV3 which a few months after I got it was dis., and now the y2kv. dang. Maybe its good I didnt get a soloist or KV2, they might have been discontinued.

Comment

Isnt the King V based on the Vergat V, which was the first neckthrough Charvel/Jackson ever made? I mean they look awefully similar, and being made in 1981 would make it certainly ahead of both Mustaine and Crosby...........At least thats where I always thought the King V was derived from...........

Comment

Dave is entitled to do whatever he wishes with his business. He's the one who busted his ass to build it from nothing. He's the one who has to sustain it - with no new product on the horizon.

That being said...

Stopping already placed orders really sucks ass. Let 'em take your name off, don't screw the folks plunkin down hard earned cash.

Hmmm.

Perhaps Dave has more in common with Lars and the boys than we thought...

FMIC's offer (to the customers) seems pretty cool, given the available facts.
          750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
          Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

The OFFICIAL Word on the Y2KV and Dave Mustaine

Dear Valued Jackson Dealer,

It is with much regret that I inform you that we cannot fulfill your order for the Dave Mustaine Signature Y2KV guitar.

After FMIC acquired Jackson Guitars, Mr. Mustaine contacted us and demanded reparations for verbal agreements that were made to him from the former owner of Jackson Guitars, AMIC. FMIC tried to make amends with Mr. Mustaine and offered him several opportunities to enter into an artist/signature series agreement with FMIC and Jackson. After several discussions and negotiations through his attorney, Mr. Mustaine decided not to enter into an agreement and has instructed FMIC not to fill any more of the open orders for the Dave Mustaine Y2KV signature series guitar.

We want you to know that FMIC paid Mr. Mustaine the royalty due him for those guitars that were on order prior to his decision. Many of these guitars were in production and we wanted to honor those orders and get the guitars to the customers who have been waiting a long time for their instruments. Mr. Mustaine declined the payment and demanded we stop production and cancel the orders.

As a result of these conversations, we will honor Mr. Mustaine's request and we are notifying you that we are unable to fill your pending order for this guitar. Please extend our apologies to your customers and please let us know if you would like to replace this order with any other guitar in the Jackson line.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Sincerely,

Jeffrey P. Cary
            Vice President Specialty Sales
            A sales division of FMIC

Mark Van Vleet
            General Counsel
            Fender Musical Instruments Corporation

Comment

Hmmm... Sounds a lot like what we have here is Dave VanHalen or is it Eddie Mustaine [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img]

Comment

Basically it reads like Dave doesn't care about the fans who are buying his guitar that have already shelled out the dough for them. My interpretation of that anyhow. That or he didn't even consider that. Either way his fans are the ones that got screwed. If he ever comes back playing guitar he should look up Hondo as a new product to endorse.
                We must!
                We must!
                We must increase the bust!
                The bigger the better!
                The tighter the sweater!
                The boys are counting on us!

Comment

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

[ February 22, 2003, 01:09 AM: Message edited by: JacksonShredder ]

Comment

Does anyone really care if Dave's signature is on it? Couldn't they still make it without it? Maybe Dave doesn't need the paycheck and pretty much feel a lot has now changed at the mothership (like all of us do) and decided he wanted no part of it anymore. Whatever. Who cares! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

I'm with Firebird here, I think it's more of the whole "Fender" mojo than anything, but along with the rest of you, it's all speculation at this point...

Always 2 sides to a story, pick one...

Pat

Comment

Originally posted by Black Mariah:
                        Look at it from this perspective. The company that you have been doing business with for the better part of a decade gets sold. Suddenly, all of the friends you had in the company are gone. The guy you'd been calling whenever you wanted some new guitars isn't there anymore. You don't know anyone in the company, and you're not even sure they really like you at the new company. Would you want them putting out a guitar with your name on it? Saying he should keep his name on the guitar just to get royalties is f*cking stupid. They don't add up to that much. Mustaine strikes me as a lot of things, but stupid with money isn't one of them. Then again, I could be wrong.
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Wow... I'm fukin scared... first time that I've ever really agreed with you on anything... And your previous post in this thread... wtf is this world coming to? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

So does that mean the body shape/style is gone, or just that it'll be a diff model without the sig? I was considering one of these in the future too. [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img]
                        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

There are 2 real points this shows me other than I'm not getting a Y2KV now.....

1.) Dave is getting ready to play again. Woo Hoo!

2.) Now more than ever Jackson needs to bring in a big name for a signature model.
                          Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

I'd love for Mustaine to come back, start making Megadeth-ish music again, and resurrect his career. If he can't come to an agreement about the future of "his" Jackson model, then so be it, but this is a ridiculous way of handling it. Granted, what we have read is the Jackson/FMIC version of the story, but why should we expect a straight answer out of Mr. Mustaine? He hasn't given any information on his supposed injury, other than previous references to hand and arm problems over the months preceding his "retirement". He pulled the plug on a band that, despite having released a couple of duds, was still one of the best in metal and full of potential to make a comeback.

It's all about Dave, and more specifically, Dave's money. [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
                            sigpic

Comment

Keep in mind that just because someone endorses one company, doesn't mean they don't own and play other guitars. Dave did use BC Rich back then, but that doesn't mean he didn't have and play Jacksons.

Comment

1. I don't care for the Y2KV. It's ugly to me, and I perfer the King V. If I wanted something big and round, I'd get a Gibson V. I will not miss it, but I do feel for those who will.

2. Mustaine's motives are cash-driven I'm sure, and ESP is the biggest hemmorhoid on Jackson's ass. ESP pays out royalties, and they probably offered him a deal he couldn't financially refuse, but he had to cut ties with Jackson first. I'll bet that within six months a King-V knock-off will show up, complete wth Kahler, and a signature that nearly doubles the price over a USA Jackson King V.

Comment

Working...
                                X