The OFFICIAL Word on the Y2KV and Dave Mustaine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The OFFICIAL Word on the Y2KV and Dave Mustaine

Didn't "The other Dave" sign a deal with Fender? I see him in the recent Fender bass literature.

Comment

he's been playing Fenders for quite a while now
      Hail yesterday

Comment

Yeah, here's a long interview w/ Dave E.

Guitar.com interview Dave E.
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Kerry King's old ESP signature model was pretty much identical to a King V if I remember correctly. I can't remember for sure if it had a Kahler or not though.
          Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Originally posted by zeegler:
            Kerry King's old ESP signature model was pretty much identical to a King V if I remember correctly. I can't remember for sure if it had a Kahler or not though.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">It was almost identical to his BC Rich model except he had a reverse Explorer head and Dimarzio pickups. Oh and yes he did have a Kahler on the ESP.
            I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

One of Kerry's guitars had DiMarzio pickups? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] For years he's used the EMG 81/85 with PA2 preamp booster.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I'm almost positive the ESP V had EMGs. The regular black one was bolt on and had a rosewood fretboard with dots. The red/white crackle one had ebony fretboard, neck thru, and weirmacht inlays.

Comment

I saw a live bootleg with him playing a guitar that did not have EMGs, in fact I was almost certain it was an X2N in the bridge. Not that it matters much anyways.
                  I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

ok, not a ? on mustaine, but one on these guitars. I know where I can get one of these w/ the American Flag graphic for $400, but it has a crack in the neck where it Joins the body. It's still playable, but it does separate if you apply a lot of pressure, at least by a hair. Anyway, should I get it and repair it? would it be worth anything?

Comment

Originally posted by charvel pointy head:
                      ok, not a ? on mustaine, but one on these guitars. I know where I can get one of these w/ the American Flag graphic for $400, but it has a crack in the neck where it Joins the body. It's still playable, but it does separate if you apply a lot of pressure, at least by a hair. Anyway, should I get it and repair it? would it be worth anything?
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Is it a USA model? They actually made a few Japanese models last year with that graphic.

Well, now that I think about it, the Jap models were bolt-on. You said the crack is where the neck joins the body, so I guess it's a neck-thru USA. I'd say it would be great for that price if the neck repair doesn't cost too much and will be stable. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

[ February 25, 2003, 11:56 AM: Message edited by: toejam ]
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

David Ellefson is Megadeth

Ok, you can flame me with that comment, but I'm sure if not for him that band would not have made it past Peace Sells era

Comment

David Ellefson wrote some great music - and, he can lay claim to the most recognizable bass riff from the 80's and 90's - Peace Sells (as used all day every day on MTV News).

Wouldn't be Megadeth without Dave.

Slainte!
                          McD out
                          \oo/. .\oo/ @ www.jacksonguitars.com

Comment

Yeah, it wouldn't be Megadeth without Mustaine, but I think Ellefson was the "tie that binds". I think the band would have destroyed itself from within without him. Then there would be no KV-1 and I probably wouldn't have even picked up a guitar in the first place.

Comment

[QUOTE]Originally posted by RacerX:
                              [QB]Yeah, here's a long interview w/ Dave E.
                              QUOTE]

Here's the one I did:

www.fender.com/60cyclehum/dave_ellefson.html

McD out
                              \oo/. .\oo/ @ www.jacksonguitars.com

Comment

That's a really interesting interview Mc/D!!!

[img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                                Facebook - Youtube

Comment

Working...
                                X