The OFFICIAL Word on the Y2KV and Dave Mustaine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The OFFICIAL Word on the Y2KV and Dave Mustaine

I think it was the two together that made Megadeth. I agree with the statement that Dave E. probably was the "tie that binds". In a round about way he probably kept Mustaine from going to far over the edge, especially in the mid '90s and on.
    KV DM PRO, SLSXMG, RRXMG, DXMG, LP P90 Goldtop_GSP1101_RM4: JF SL-OD100_Randall RT2/50_Peavey 4x12 cab
    I'm loving the Jaded Faith mods. Going Egnater Dual mod route: Voxless, SL-OD100, Brahma #39, QuickMod GT

Comment

Originally posted by charvel750:
      Whatever, all you Mustaine-heads....you can take your little dates and...ummm...yeah!
      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">HAHA! IMO whoever says "Whatever" accedes the loss! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Hey look what I found! A pic from '85 or '86!

So I am right after all! (Mustaine was using Jackson King Vs since the 1986 era)

750: [img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Hmm, that image didn't load.... [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Oh well, paste it a browser...or check out the interview McD did...that's where I got it

Comment

btw, just to add a little fuel to the fire: just watched the wake up dead video, dave's playing a black king v, so...he was using jackson before so far so good...d.m.
          http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

Thanks for posting that OSG.

This is how I see it. Yes the fans who plunked down money for the Y2KV Mustaine models are fukked, and have a right to be fukked off.

The way I see it is that Dave does not like FMIC be it he is liberal or not.

You have to stand in what you believe in. In true adage, You have to break a few eggs to make an omelette.

This is what I am guessing, Mustaine "I hate Fender". Fender "Davey davey davey, would you like a meedly meedly meedly meeee deal with us? Would ya now big guy." Mustaine "Hello FMIC Meet the real me, go get fukked.".

Yeah, Mustaine dicked the fans, but you have to do what you have to do, it seems to me he does not like FMIC< and to him this his is way of dealing with it.

Many of you will disagree with me on this, but I hope someone does agree.

Comment

I for one would like to know the details of FMIC's offer to Mustaine, and what was negotiated between them (if anything). I can only guess and speculate that perhaps FMIC wanted Dave to make personal appearances (clinics) on a regular basis, as well as appear in Pepsi-like advertising campaigns with all manner of Gnu-Metal fags with no style, no clue, and serious drug habits, then of course he would be carted around like a trophy for the photo-ops and plastic hugs instead of treated like a human being who DOES have a wife and children that he's trying to spend time with as well as a haunting addiction that will never truly go away, but that he will always have to fight to stay clean.

ESP already has a King V ripoff. I played it. It's ok. Light as a feather. Perfect for a Gnu-Metal wuss who can't raise his own voice without help.

While I hate to see Jackson lose another "founding father/long-time icon", it's a simple question of give the high-profile household name endorsee what he wants and shut the f*ck up. His name and face and him holding your brand in your ads and his videos and CD sleeves and live appearances sells your product, not your "ho-hum yet another guitar company ad" magazine ads -
              [mini rant] WTF is this headstock in front of a wall of flame?!?! Who's idea was this? It isn't very creative or imaginitive, is it? No, it sucks. You remember the "Custom Shop" ad that Kevin Easton did? The one that had a ton of Custom Shop models in all different graphics overlayed on each other? The one that you look at and go "daaaaaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmn those look BAD-ASS!" - THAT was a creative and imaginitive ad, and that one ran for over a decade, because THAT'S where I first saw a Warbird Warrior back in 89/90 and THAT'S when I knew I wanted one. The headshot ad in the new GW doesn't make me want to buy a Jackson, but every time I look at the older ads of guitars and endorsers holding them, THEN I want to buy what I see.
              Everyone knows a Jackson headstock - no one else can use them, just like Strat heads or Les Paul heads - show me the body, the graphic, the quilt, the flame, the creativity.[/mini rant]

If Eric Clapton called Fender and said he wanted to change his sig model to a rear-routed single hum OFR maple/maple Strathead with "Charvel" on the head and the Heinekin beer logo graphic, they'd have it in his hands faster than a fly fart.
              If Steve Vai called up and said he wants to replace his Ibenhad deal with a Charvel Green Meanie sig model, it'd be top priority.
              If Jeff Beck said he wanted to go back to playing nothing but pink Soloists, it'd be his sig model.
              No, Mustaine has not been around since the 60's, but his influence in Metal is as great as Clapton's or Vai's or Beck's influence in guitar period. The co-creator of the Speed Metal genre deserves a tad more respect and credit than the "Gnu Kids" like Jerry Horton or Mark Tremonti.

It's too late now, though. Mustaine doesn't strike me as the type to give 2nd chances. You could offer him his weight in $1000 bills a day and he'd probably still tell you to get fukked.

And Jackson16 - buy a JEM, and one of each ESP model - maybe they'll all go out of business [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Newc
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Thread Resurrection! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                X