Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TV show of jackson building guitars, anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TV show of jackson building guitars, anyone?

just saw paul and paul of OCC on letterman's show. it never stops to amaze me how big that show has become. one of the best tv programs in years. and that led me thinking about showing people how jackson team build their custom guitars. I mean, OCC show is successful. and that carpenter show on PBS has been running since forever. building custom guitars is like the best of both world. now they have the marketing and adverstisement of fender co. I know I will watch it. the people that play guitars must be as much as the people that ride bikes. and the people that can afford custom guitars is more than that of custom bikes.
    give it a try and put it on vh1 or something.

Re: TV show of jackson building guitars, anyone?

This was posted before, JCMI is working on it...

Very cool idea!
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Yeah since they did Gibson on Made In America, why not Jackson? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Am I the only one that thinks OCC has the same storyline over and over again? Custom bike needs built, too unique, can't do it. Suddenly somebody gets an idea, they can do it. Then comes a problem. Mustache gets pissed at his son for doing nothing all day while everyone else in the shop is working on said problem. Problem solved, not enough time to complete project. Project gets completed, somehow on time. Light sprinkling of Mustache yelling and bitching at son randomly throughout the episode...

That's what it seems like to me.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          Am I the only one that thinks OCC has the same storyline over and over again? Custom bike needs built, too unique, can't do it. Suddenly somebody gets an idea, they can do it. Then comes a problem. Mustache gets pissed at his son for doing nothing all day while everyone else in the shop is working on said problem. Problem solved, not enough time to complete project. Project gets completed, somehow on time. Light sprinkling of Mustache yelling and bitching at son randomly throughout the episode...

[/ QUOTE ]
          Yup, yer the only one who's noticed that... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
          Hardware: all black, all the time.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
            Yup, yer the only one who's noticed that... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]I don't even watch any of those "Lemme build something or lemme fix something shows". No desire or interest at all. And this thread just solidifies that.
            "The BLUES is the tonic for what ails ya."

Comment

I can't stand anything to do with OCC, West Coast Choppers, choppers, fucking choppers. Blah! All these fucking people with their West Coast Choppers shirts hats, bumper stickers...fucking lame. That shit is so gay. Okay, rant of hatred over.
              [img]/images/graemlins/rant.gif[/img]

The guitar shop TV show would be cool though. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
              THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

There is a pretty cool show on DIY network called "Handmade Music" They already showed one guy building an acoustic guitar from start to finish. He also built a mandolin. This other guy built some other weird looking stringed instrument

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yep.. thats what its all about LMAO
                  i dont care for the "acting" or whatever you want to call it, i like tosee the bike getting built from scratch and then see the final product.
                  You can't play no muthfuggin' arpeggios on a tuba...

Comment

NV must be a crotch rocket rider.
                    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Nah. Bikes in general are lame, imo. I've always thought so, and with the over abundance of motorcycle shit everywhere you turn, it just gets more sickening by the hour. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Especially where I live, where it's truly the king of all trends.
                      THIS SPACE FOR RENT

Comment

cool idea but lets be realistic, jackson guitars are not as marketable as choppers and hot rods so there will be very little interest from joe public
                        shawnlutz.com

Comment

And since I only go the factory every couple of weeks, there's no "mustache" guy to get in everybody's business!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            And since I only go the factory every couple of weeks, there's no "mustache" guy to get in everybody's business!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Somebody hold Mike or Tim down to shave them? Or are their "Size 10s" not big enough?

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
                            Occupy JCF

Comment

I dont know about a weekly show but it would be nice to see both a neck thru and a bolt on go from quote to customer delivery. Defintely something that TDC or TLC would play.

Comment

Working...
                              X