Just got screwed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Just got screwed

Hey hey. I'm not buying anything, just gonna get my axe back. I have another thing to say here. I won't say who bacause I don't have there ok, but the person who got the guitar emailed me and said he did not know of my deal. They post here alot.That's cool. I thought it was a classy thing to do. My hat is off to him. Oh well it's over and I have a mint 2000 SL1 that should be here Monday, so things are not that bad for me.HAHAHAHAHA. And soon I'm putting money down on a new WR1...Or is it a RR1T?.No wait a KV2.No........AAAAAAAAAGGGHHH.
    LATER!!!
    H3LL IS HOME!!!

Comment

Here is an example of why it is first come first serve:

I was selling the Discontinued Kellystars on ebay. I was down to my last two, one in Black, and one in blue. I had a perspective buyer from Canada swear to me he was going to send the money for my last blue one and not to auction it off, so I decide to auction off the black one. During the auction for the last black one, someone emails and asks if I had any other colors, I say no, thinking the blue was already sold. He then bids, wins, and receives the black one. After about 3 weeks of getting the run around from the perspective buyer in Canada, I decide to auction off the blue one. Then I get an email from the guy who bid and won the black one and he is very upset with me after I told him I didn't have any other colors available. That made me look very bad because I was holding an unpaid guitar for someone.

Matt

[ February 22, 2003, 12:14 AM: Message edited by: OnlineStageGear ]

Comment

Oh well... life's a ***** when trying to get someone to stick to a handshake agreement over the phone without a deposit.
        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Hey hey
          my my
          Rock 'n' roll will never die
          There's more to the picture
          Than meets the eye
          Hey hey
          my my

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

The problem is, there are all kinds of people and you never know what kind you're dealing with when you make a promise. This can be alleviated by the truth, but the truth can hurt sales or bid amounts.

Were I the store, I'd have said, "the guitar IS YOURS - IF nobody comes in with cash to buy it in the meantime. You want to hold it for SURE - put down $xx, non-refundable." That's how they guard against the possibility that you're a "talk & walker".

Same with the auctions. State up front that the auction ends when money is IN HAND and if the bid goes over, the money is refunded. Or else end the auction immediately upon agreement and risk not getting paid for the agreed deal.

The guy who asked about color should have been told "yeah, I have another, but it's already sold, pending payment". Then the guy might be pissed at the later turn of events, but he shouldn't be pissed at you, nor able to call you liar.

The biggest issue is, people need the ability to say "look, I don't know you from Adam. You could be Mother Theresa's little brother or Bin Ladin's son, and I have no way of knowing which. So, here's how I'm going to play this. I'm sorry if it offends you; it shouldn't, and I'd treat any other stranger the same way". For some reason people think they need to treat people like trusted friends. Why? They're not.

BUT - this only shows what kind of promises one should make - once a promise IS made (even if boneheaded), it should be kept.

Comment

Working...
            X