Damn, I need a new guitar!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damn, I need a new guitar!

Just venting. I'm going through a personal GAS drought. Seems like forever since I've gotten something new. It's been months! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/help.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Re: Damn, I need a new guitar!

So....go get one or three [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

"One or three" are on order. Or more. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Comment

At this point, I could go for a ukelele.
        Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

yeah! same here. ive been wanting a single hum strat style charvel lately. missed one on here!

Comment

I feel your pain on this one. I've still got a couple on order and it's killing me. Almost broke down and bought something but I showed restraint. I hope one of mine comes in soon or I could get in some trouble.

Comment

I'm actually trying to get out of the spending habit for a bit - just till I get paid up and my Customs come in, then it's back to the grind [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

I feel ya Newc! Can I get my "Alexus(new name per Matt) Rhoads" now! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                "The BLUES is the tonic for what ails ya."

Comment

I have a USA Soloist in transit. Anyone can share in my joy! I don't mind sharing my wonderful experience with fellow guitar freaks !!!! (my wife could care a less, so.....)

Comment

Here's what I do...put several of your guitars away for a couple of months. Not second stringers either. Take two or three of your favorites and hide them away. Then come back to them and put the ones you've been playing away in their place. It's a cheap and safe way to appease the GAS gods. Think of the money you'll save!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      Here's what I do...put several of your guitars away for a couple of months. Not second stringers either. Take two or three of your favorites and hide them away. Then come back to them and put the ones you've been playing away in their place. It's a cheap and safe way to appease the GAS gods. Think of the money you'll save!

[/ QUOTE ]

Just did a similar thing last night. I put away the 5 I had hanging on the wall and replaced them with 5 I had put away. I was excited to come home today and play them. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                      Good deals with:
                      Metal Medal II, Tonyl11

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
                        That makes sense. Kind of like marriage. Use to get a lot of pussy, then with marriage you don't get it as often, but when you do, your dick is appeased again.
                        ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I do much the same thing. After putting some of them back in thier cases and comming back to them after a few months, I find that I forgot what what great guitars these were and how great they play. So I put some others back and start the cycle all over again.

I don't know how much longer I can last though. I keep reminding myself how cool the green meanie is going to be, but, damn I need a Rhoads!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                          Jackson: DK1
                          Charvel: CS (CSB), SD (RGF), SD (Bullseye), SD '83 (HRF)

Comment

I do that, too, but it's not the same as getting a new one. Kind of like jacking off - it's "pretending" you've gotten a new guitar. Not as good as the real thing. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

It's a dangerous addiction. It's like doing drugs, first you start out with pot, imports, then you switch to USA Selects, a little acid, now it's on to full blown custom shop guitars, crack. My habit is way out of control.
                              http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X