Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Damn, I need a new guitar!

[ QUOTE ]
    Here's what I do...put several of your guitars away for a couple of months. Not second stringers either. Take two or three of your favorites and hide them away. Then come back to them and put the ones you've been playing away in their place. It's a cheap and safe way to appease the GAS gods. Think of the money you'll save!

[/ QUOTE ] That is SOooo true! There was a time I didn't touch my red san dimas strat for MONTHS. One day, I took it off the wall and jammed some stuff on it. It was as though I had a brand new guitar, and just playing on such a sweet axe brought a HUGE smile to my face!

I was like that yesterday playing the Warren DeMartini "Bomber". Since I sat down with it, I haven't stopped thinking about it(I have forgotten the pricetag!! LOL)

Comment

its upsetting when you have to let go of an axe for whatever reason. i'm no stranger to that. for the moment, there's too much crap going on that's preventing me from getting another second guitar. on the other hand, i'm far from rich and choosing the second guitar is proving somewhat difficult (bound fingerboard? body finish? inlay type? etc..). i spend so much time looking at guitars and never getting round to actually buying it. even when i've saved up enough cash, something else comes up - like having to move home. life's a bitch.
      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

I'd just like my XTRR to get finished.... and wait another year for my Demon.
        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

What I just did was trade away one guitar to get another. Lose nothing in the long run (in fact I could make money from this) and now my GAS is satisfied for awhile.

Comment

I'm ok i go in cycles with everything...music, clothes, guitars...like i won't play one of my guitars for months, and every so often i'll get into listening something and get into a thrash phase or summat and then i'll break it out for some B tuned hammering...my SG always feels so good like the first time i ever picked it up when i break it out...rite now i'm in a blues phase...the tele is taking one helluva spanking rite now!! I think the charvies may be getting jealous..they keep looking at me funny..:p

Comment

Working...
            X