No announcement yet.

Hello Everyone (introduction.....kinda)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello Everyone (introduction.....kinda)

hey just saw the post about making introductions, ive been lurking around for a while now and have a few posts here and there. SO here it goes...
    My name is Ryan, 21 years old, been playing for roughly 7 years (though you wouldn't know from my skill... [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img])My musical taste is fairly broad but some of my favorite guitarists include (not limited to); Stevie Ray Vaughan, Randy Rhoads, Alexi Laiho/Roope Latvala, Zakk Wylde, Vai, etc....I also love Classical Music and Classical Guitar. I am in my last year at Penn State and will be graduating in december with a degree in kinesiology w. a minor in business. but will probably go to the Police academy next spring. right now i work as a personal trainer and occasionally bounce at a local bar. On to the important stuff..............
    I currently own two Jacksons.....
    a cheap starter dinky reverse....

and a DK2 firestorm with seymour duncan SH13 Dimebucker...

future plans/goals...... get a real job.. buy a house...take guitar lessons again....make a hybrid RX10D body/DK2 neck single hum/volume knob guitar, order a custom RR1...... etc etc. Sorry for the long post guys! Also this is probably the most welcoming down to earth forum i belong to. All of the kindness that is spread here is greatly appreciated. Thanks
    Ryan [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/rant.gif[/img]

Re: Hello Everyone (introduction.....kinda)

Welcome to the JCF Ryan! Can you please give lessons to other newbs? Nice introduction! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
    Lots of good info here, welcome home!
    My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

welcome ... very impressive intro might i add.
      cool that you added pictures of your guitars, but since you are in collage, where are the co-ed pic's?
      ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

thanks mm, i wanted to compliment you on the work you did for silentscream. The guitar you built for him was absolutely jaw droping, looking at what it started out as and what it turned in to [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] WOW. IT has inspired me to try and piece together a similar project. Cheers to that!! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Welcome!
          i'll follow your example and make a more ingoin pressentation aswell.

My name is Kristofer, 24 years old, been playing for roughly 9 years but my skills are still crap since i'm a lazy son of a b***h. My musical taste is kinda narrowed down to Hardrock/metal but i do listen to all kind's of genres within theese two. u could say that i listen to everything from Led Zeppelin to Nile(or whatever band you feel are the most brutal around.) As for influences on guitarplayin i'd have to say that Dave Mustain, Slash, Kerry King/Jeff Hanneman, Kirk hammet/James hetfield, Zakk Wylde, jeff loomis and Mikael Åkerfeldt are my biggest influence's

I have own'ed quite a few guitars(if you ask me anyways, i've seen some of the board members collections.. damn..) but to sum it up fast i started out with a yamaha pacifica had a few charvette's and ibanez'es went through a bunch of pointy guitars such as the washburn dime 2ST and a couple of flying V's moved on to playing 7-strings and now i'm basicly back to where i'm started exept i'ts not a yamaha it's a Jackson D1 from 1988. I still prefer the V shaped guitars though and my dream guitar would be the Jackson KV with the snow-white finish and matching headstock.

I drive a forklift for a living but still hope to be able to live of music some day.

cheers!

Comment

Welcome, Ryan! That's a very cool Crate combo you got there (nice axes too!)

Comment

found some picks of my D1 for you

Comment

Welcome aboard [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Welcome, guys. Cool guitars! [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    thanks mm, i wanted to compliment you on the work you did for silentscream. The guitar you built for him was absolutely jaw droping, looking at what it started out as and what it turned in to [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] WOW. IT has inspired me to try and piece together a similar project. Cheers to that!! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] Thanks bro! I encourage everyone to try some project axes. The worst that can happen is you had fun doing it! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                    My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Welcome aboard!!!

Comment

welcome to JCF Ryan...
                        shawnlutz.com

Comment

Hi Gripths & Kristofer! My new favorite newbs! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Gripths,

Welcome to the board. Rupe and myself on the board are also Penn Staters! We get together every summer just to hang and have a few beers.

Which bar do you work in? I was a bouncer at the Lion's Den from 1986 to 1990. Once again, welcome bro!!

-Kenn

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              Hi Gripths & Kristofer! My new favorite newbs! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
                              hehe thanx it's always a pleasure to be someones favorite [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X