the word from megadeth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: the word from megadeth

I can own anything I want basically. And I use Bolt ons... I might be persuaded with a non-finished neckthrough I guess...

Comment

do i sense an xtrr coming to c.m.'s place soon? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] ...d.m.
      http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

Originally posted by Exalon:
        </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Sephiroth:

Jackson really needs to start fighting back and being more aggressive with ESP.
        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">they don't have to. jackson OWNZ. ESP is a good company but jackson will always be the king of the hill. play a stephen carpenter ESP vs ANY jackson sig model (or usa select for that matter).

jackson is ESP's daddy, plain and simple. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
        </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Man that doesn't matter. There are people playing Fenders with 20 pieces of wood in the body and econo-stamped trems while thinking they have the best guitar on the planet. Names sell, and ESP knows it.

Comment

Mustaine never "retired", he just stopped playing and disbanded Megadeth due to injuries. Last I heard it was going to be about a year before he could start playing seriously again. Check you calendar.

Who cares what he plays? Who cares what ANYONE plays? They're just guitars. I don't think many people around here understand how guys like Mustaine think. They don't care about name, they don't care about "tradition" or "mojo" or any of that crap. All they care about is that the guitar works when they want it to, how they want it to work. That's it.

So many people around here swore off new Jacksons when FMIC bought them, but an artist does the same and he's a money grubbing dick? Bull****. Make up your ****ing mind.

Comment

Excellent points! Dave was on disabiity
            leave, so to speak, and couldn't afford to pay the whole band while he took a year off, so he did the smart thing and folded the tent - until he could play again, which should be soon.

And the love/hate Jackson/FMIC stuff has
            appeared before in threads like the Alexi
            "leaving" Jackson thread, where they actually cancelled HIS custom shop order
            BEFORE he went with ESP, yet he's the bad
            guy! Who knew if Fender even planned on
            keeping Jackson going at that point?

BM's right: A guitar is wood, metal and plastic. If it's made to the owner's satisfaction, with the features he wants,
            why should he care about the logo name?
            Jackson has always undervalued its endorsers, that's why they're losing them
            now under Fender, just as they lost them under AMIC. Dave took the better deal, and that's it. It sucks that the existing orders didn't get filled, but pick a different model or get your money back and start surfing Ebay.
            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

xenophobe may be right. Word around Phoenix is Dave is in drug rehab.

[ February 22, 2003, 07:58 PM: Message edited by: Jim Shine ]

Comment

Matt, what's your source for saying that Dave has a deal with ESP? Nothing personal, but it reminds me a lot of when we heard that Junior was going to play bass in Metallica after Jason left, which was of course [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img]
                please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Comment

Fender being Jackson's daddy, you could say Jackson is Fender's b*tch too.

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by necrotechno:
                    Matt, what's your source for saying that Dave has a deal with ESP? Nothing personal, but it reminds me a lot of when we heard that Junior was going to play bass in Metallica after Jason left, which was of course [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img]
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I'd hazard a guess that that info is the part of the Jackson message to its dealers that they're not supposed to talk
                    about. It might putMatt in a compromising position to even respond to your question, which is why I just throw
                    my guess out there.

Junior joining Metallica? That I'd find
                    hard to believe just on GPs, short of reading it on the Metallica website itself. He's been with the "enemy" for too long; even if Lars has lightened up,
                    I doubt James would go for that.
                    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Shine:
                      xenophobe may be right. Word around Phoenix is Dave is in drug rehab.
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That was a news story I heard on the local metal college radio station here last year (89.5 WSOU). They said Dave relapsed back into drugs, hurt himself while actually in rehab. Before that, I heard other stories about him getting hurt while falling off a horse. So who knows?
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I got my info from Fender. Is it 100% guaranteed that Dave will make a deal and follow through with it with ESP ?? Who knows. Anything can happen.

Matt

Comment

As far as the Queensryche ESP thing Wilton mainly played neck thru's and DeGarmo played bolt on necks. It's a preference thing. I like either myself. They both offer different advantages. I wouldn't say a neck thru was better than a bolt on or vice versa. As far as the Mustaine thing goes I'm sure there were extents neither party were willing to go to. Thus the fans get a fukking. And as far as comments about turning my back on Mustaine and how tides turn, I never was a Mustaine supporter to begin with. Love his music but I'm the total opposite personality wise of that guy. He can do what ever he wants. My point is that it's bull$hit that fans that put money on a guitar and expect to get it are screwed. I guess the contract is a one way mother fukker. You can't back out but they can sure as hell back out on you. Maybe they'll get a T-shirt. Whopeeeeeee!
                          We must!
                          We must!
                          We must increase the bust!
                          The bigger the better!
                          The tighter the sweater!
                          The boys are counting on us!

Comment

Originally posted by lerxstcat:
                            BM's right: A guitar is wood, metal and plastic. If it's made to the owner's satisfaction, with the features he wants,
                            why should he care about the logo name?
                            Jackson has always undervalued its endorsers, that's why they're losing them
                            now under Fender, just as they lost them under AMIC. Dave took the better deal, and that's it. It sucks that the existing orders didn't get filled, but pick a different model or get your money back and start surfing Ebay.
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That may work for some people, but it's [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img] to me. I'm with Jackson coz' of the history, the legacy and all of that, but mainly coz' i think they fuc*in' rule!. [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
                            And i'm not jumping anywhere else unless the boat gets full of crap and i won't be able to breathe.

Just my two cents.

Rodrigo [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

[ February 22, 2003, 10:44 PM: Message edited by: kuerbo ]
                            Facebook - Youtube

Comment

Your opinion, you have the right to it.

You say you're with Jackson; are you an enorsed artist, or just a loyal owner?
                              Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Just more proof that most rock stars should shut the F*** up and play music. Keep thier mouths shut unless they are singing.

Matt

Comment

Working...
                                X