the word from megadeth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: the word from megadeth

I recently picked up a used ESP Mirage Deluxe - bolt on neck, EMG pickups, reverse headstock - for a bargain price. While it is a regular production ESP model and not an ESP custom shop, it does play and sound as good as any of my neck-thru USA Jacksons. I still love my Jacksons, but that ESP is also a quality instrument.

Comment

For my taste nothing touched Carvin and Jackson. The other guitar player I jam with has 2 ESPs, real ones and they are great guitars from a construction standpoint but it's little things I don't like.

The Bump where the headstock meets the neck for example, I think it's called a voulute or something. It's totally structural and serves it's purpose for adding stability there but it feels weird playing in the 1st position considering ESP necks are normally thicker in the first place.
      I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

Hi Chris;

I have a few ESP's including limited production and custom models. They are really nice guitars but I prefer my USA Jacksons. ESP is my second favorite guitar company.
        The attention to detail is better on the Jacksons and I like the feel of the Jacksons better. Jackson also has better consistency. I do like ESP's too however and of course "feel" is a subjective thing.

Rudy
        Rudy
        www.metalinc.net

Comment

I am sorry but neither company is better. They are both capable of producing top quality instruments, as well as dogs. It comes down to personal prefernce. I tend to like ESPs. I also like Jacksons, but I haven't owned one yet (because I haven't found one that spoke to me.) I have owned a few ESPs and still own a Kamikaze. Same with BC Rich... right up there with ESP, Jackson, Dean and all other similiar gear. The endorsement guitars in question, will be of the same quality or better that what the artists were playing...they just might get better support and cash. Sounds like a good deal to me.

Comment

Working...
          X